Finally know what 159.075 used by DPS is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

That frequency was first licensed in the 80's I think. One time I read that it was 'CLE Tactical'. I have never heard the DPS on it myself, although there are other licensees in different areas.

That application link you posted is way old from 2001. They tried to add 159.0825 but the FCC rejected it:
Frequency 159.0825 is limited by Rule 90.20(d)(43) and cannot be licensed without a waiver. Please amend application or submit a waiver, whichever is appropriate.
They never did.

Until a few years ago the contact info on all DPS licenses was Fleet Operations.

Last edited:

nd5y

The database info for the DPS is getting stale. None of the following is anywhere near me so I can't confirm any of it.

In the past couple years or so DPS has:
Added several new repeaters
Moved at least three repeaters
Built a new regional HQ in Weslaco that has new licenses
Removed emission designators and dropped unused frequencies from several licenses
Added UHF hand held licenses at two offices

Also:
One database entry appears to be a typo error that was copied from a map
An 800 MHz conventional repeater in Huntsville that has been licensed for years but not in the db
Several frequencies at DPS HQ in Austin that are not in the db
There are still current licenses for at least two towers that were taken down

Last edited:

nd5y

Another thing I don't know is what changes, if any, were made to the stations at DPS offices with comm centers that closed.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I would like to get some updates or answers to these for you. I will see what I can do, though it may take a while to get the answers from somebody in the know.

nd5y

Another thing I noticed is VCALL10 (155.7525) and TXCALL1D (154.95) being added to some base station licenses. I wonder if they are going to do that everwhere.

SCPD

QRT
Another thing I noticed is VCALL10 (155.7525) and TXCALL1D (154.95) being added to some base station licenses. I wonder if they are going to do that everwhere.

The word is that both 155.370 and 154.950 have been reassigned and re-toned and called TXCALL1D/TXCALL2D but several counties have relicensed these recently as Texas Law-1 and 2. Some of the radio dealers here seem to believe that the "D" stands for Digital and not Direct. Yet the push for Digital by Fire Departments was dropped in an MOU amendment in Dec. 2012. (Well at least the push for digital by fire on or before 2015)

While I have heard absolutely nothing on V-CALL-10 in Texas, Oklahoma tears it up! V-FIRE-21, 22, 23 are getting used more and more, in fact PHI and Air-Evac have adopted these channel name fulltime. I've programed most fire departments in the county with these as well but very few surrounding counties have done so.

DPS-101 was working a search in Fannin County recently and when asked by our Sheriff to go to Texas Law-3 he refused and stated DPS would be fined for not operating on the designated State Inter-op channels.

As for DPS I was talking with the radio guy who services Sherman and what I learned was that the DPS backbone in 800 Mhz trunked and only the local simulcast at Sherman is VHF conventional. This baffles me, but might mean something to you guys .... My personal thought is he has this screwed up with the Overlay systems, but one never knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.