ARLINGTON TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The city will spend $10.8 million over the next decade to upgrade its outdated public radio system, allowing the police and fire departments to communicate with other city and county agencies without interruption during regional emergencies such as tornadoes.
The state has set the goal that all first-responder agencies’ radio systems be interoperable, or able to communicate with one another, by Jan. 1, 2015. To help meet that goal, the Arlington City Council voted Sept. 3 to approve a 10-year lease with Motorola Solutions to buy digital radio equipment that will increase interoperability with other agencies in Tarrant and surrounding counties

Arlington to spend $10.8 million upgrading public safety radio system | Arlington | News...

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
The "E" Word

The city will spend $10.8 million over the next decade to upgrade its outdated public radio system, allowing the police and fire departments to communicate with other city and county agencies without interruption during regional emergencies such as tornadoes.
The state has set the goal that all first-responder agencies’ radio systems be interoperable, or able to communicate with one another, by Jan. 1, 2015. To help meet that goal, the Arlington City Council voted Sept. 3 to approve a 10-year lease with Motorola Solutions to buy digital radio equipment that will increase interoperability with other agencies in Tarrant and surrounding counties

Arlington to spend $10.8 million upgrading public safety radio system | Arlington | News...

Well, I hope they don't follow Houston & Ft Worth, Texas regarding the ridiculous use of encryption that has ensued. Now, they are learning the buzz words used and/or possible coached by their radio salesperson.

salturano

Premium Subscriber
Sal

Last night my scanner took a long nap. Do you know any way I can find out if there was any building fires last night? City wont give any info for a week.
Thx, Sal

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Last night my scanner took a long nap. Do you know any way I can find out if there was any building fires last night? City wont give any info for a week.
Thx, Sal
Other than checking the news sites (Star Telegram, NBC5, Channel 11, etc), the only other thing I could suggest would be to check the archives for the Arling Fire feed.
Arlington Fire and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.