Eastland County Info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubedoDragon

I was wondering if anyone here had more experience than I have with Eastland and which numbers they use with thier calls to different units? I know that unit numbers 1XX are Eastland Sheriff, 4XX are Cisco Police and Fire and 6XX are Eastland Police and Fire, but does anyone listen in and know which 2XX and 3XX are out of? I could probably ask a friend I have with the Cisco PD but thought someone here may come across this and know? Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone here had more experience than I have with Eastland and which numbers they use with thier calls to different units? I know that unit numbers 1XX are Eastland Sheriff, 4XX are Cisco Police and Fire and 6XX are Eastland Police and Fire, but does anyone listen in and know which 2XX and 3XX are out of? I could probably ask a friend I have with the Cisco PD but thought someone here may come across this and know? Thanks
Next time I'm down there on a weekend, I'll set a scanner up for log & record to see if I can help figure out the puzzle.

When I was down a few weeks ago (my friends have some property in S/E Stephens County, near the old La Casa community), I was hearing some fire dispatch type traffic on 154.280. Not sure exactly who it was, other than it was fire related; it could have been from an adjacent channel. However, heard one unit, specifically, call dispatch to say he was 'clear form Ranger Airport'. I know Palo Pinto uses 154.265, but can't see any reason that one of their units would be in Ranger (nothing working of that size).

RubedoDragon

That would be awesome Steve, I've been listening in for awhile but still haven't got the chance to catch which towns that numbers identify, just trying to update my feed with that information. Also heard a 5XX series as well last night. 154.2800 definitely doesn't sound like an Eastland transmission. I still need to get a splitter for my other scanner so I can use it for my feed and get the Extreme upgrade for the HP-1 so I can do some searching of my own.

nd5y

You guys need to find out what frequency and tone Air Evac Lifeteam is using there.
They have a pending app for a repeater on 152.975 but are probably temporarily using 151.505 or 158.400.

RubedoDragon

Oh just searched that frequency, its Fire 1 statewide, probably someone getting medivaced and the fire truck leaving the airport. They use the football field here in Cisco.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You guys need to find out what frequency and tone Air Evac Lifeteam is using there.
They have a pending app for a repeater on 152.975 but are probably temporarily using 151.505 or 158.400.
Tom,

I already had those frequencies in my scanners, just haven't caught any identifiable traffic on any of them yet. Per the website, the Eastland bird should be AirEvac 115.

RubedoDragon

Are those Medivac freqs digital? Homepatrol is tied up atm with the Eastland Co. feed until I can get a splitter to tie my analog scanner in to the antenna I use for the Homepatrol. Unfortunately I have a indoor antenna because of landlord issues so my range is very limited, at least until I find a different house to rent. ;) Should be able to pick up the birds in the air at least though.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Are those Medivac freqs digital? Homepatrol is tied up atm with the Eastland Co. feed until I can get a splitter to tie my analog scanner in to the antenna I use for the Homepatrol. Unfortunately I have a indoor antenna because of landlord issues so my range is very limited, at least until I find a different house to rent. ;) Should be able to pick up the birds in the air at least though.
They are not showing to be using digital (not applied for on the license). There are several Air Evac copters in the DFW area, and none of them are using digital either.

Since they (Air Evac), and most all of the other frequencies in your area are Vhf-high, you might look at an antenna like I use when I'm out that way, a Diamond RH77CA. Works well on Vhf & Uhf. I used this RH789 on my HP-1 when I spent a month in the hospital. Did a better job than I expected, picking up the various trunked systems in the area. The RH789 swivels at the base, and is available with an SMA connection (for the HP-1, for example), so no adapter needed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if those would be better than the homemade one I purchased?

I had bought this one awhile back for indoor use.
RF King Police Scanner Antenna Improve Your Home Patrol or Any Other Scanner | eBay
I've never seen that one before.

The two Diamonds I've linked work very well for me. On my SUV, I use this magnetic mount antenna. I took a trip down through that area back in August, and was clearly hearing the Parker County trunked system while in Comanche County. While there are better antennas, these deliver pretty good performance relative to their cost. I've also, in the past, used a mag mount antenna as an indoor antenna. Just get it up as high as possible, like maybe a top shelf, and stick the magnetic base on something metallic to give it somewhat of a ground plane. I have a metal clipboard that I used. Stuck it under some books on a high shelf, sticking out, and placed the antenna on that. Not as good as a true rooftop antenna, of course, but better than a back of the set or rubber duckie on a handheld.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The license for Air Evac in Eastland County has now been granted. It's on this one, along with a couple of other locations.

nd5y

It might be months before they start using 152.975.
Licenses for their frequencies Altus and Duncan OK were issued in August and they still haven't switched yet.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It might be months before they start using 152.975.
Licenses for their frequencies Altus and Duncan OK were issued in August and they still haven't switched yet.
Could be.

But I also have 151.505 and 158.400 loaded as well, so if they use any of the three when I'm in the area, I should be able to hear them.

RubedoDragon

Nah, I was monitoring it via the single frequency entry on Homepatrol when I caught it, Ill try to program a same frequency on favorites list to see if I can though. I was getting ready for work when I heard it but managed to hear that they were taking off from Eastland Airport and communicating with an "Eastland base".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.