Houston TxWarn P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have been using my 436HP in Houston; however, I am attempting to program my GRE PSR 500 for Houston.

I know that I have to use the General Services Layer for Houston PD for my PSR 500; however, I am confused about "Houston Public Safety" in the RFSS section. If I recall, I can only use the Houston General Government Services Simulcast, 3 (3) 005 (5) for my PSR 500. Is this correct? I cannot use the others in 3 (3) on my PSR 500? Am I correct, yes or no?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have been using my 436HP in Houston; however, I am attempting to program my GRE PSR 500 for Houston.

I know that I have to use the General Services Layer for Houston PD for my PSR 500; however, I am confused about "Houston Public Safety" in the RFSS section. If I recall, I can only use the Houston General Government Services Simulcast, 3 (3) 005 (5) for my PSR 500. Is this correct? I cannot use the others in 3 (3) on my PSR 500? Am I correct, yes or no?
That is the way I understand it as well. The listed sites in layer 3 that contain the verbiage 'Houston Public Safety...' only carry Phase II talkgroups, so your PSR500 would be ineffective. But it would work for the General Government Services simulcast, which carries the Phase I talkgroups you need to enter.

Also see this wiki article: Houston Police and Fire P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.