El Paso Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
I am a fire buff. I will be visiting El Paso, TX on 11/11/17-11/14/17. What fire radio systems can I receive while I am there? I am also looking for fire station locations and information on rigs they may have.

thank you.

SCPD

QRT
If you search the Texas forums a few posts list the p25 county system frequencies which are p25 phase 1 vhf trunked. Fire end is clear law for sheriff is encrypted. Some county departments utilize the el paso city p25 system which is 7/800 mhz. Most is in clear for city law and fire clear fully. Nobody has submitted talk groups yet for the county vhf trunked system but fire is indeed clear on that end if you search for them in discovery. A few posts one recent lists the fcc freqs.

CapSS92

Here's a link to where all the fire stations are.

https://www.elpasotexas.gov/fire-department/about-us/fire-stations

The RR database is pretty accurate. The main channels to listen to are A1-Dispatch A2/Firetac2-single unit structure responses A3/Firetac3-multiple unit responses (building fires, gas leaks in commercial or apt buildings, etc), B1/Medtac1-medical responses B3/Medtac3-extrications, COMSARS, water rescues A13-non emergency traffic and all patient reports are given on the hospital talkgroups. You won't hear too much on any other channels. Hope this helps and enjoy your time in our fair city. :)

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for all the information. It was quiet on the scanner the night I was there. I did manage to drive by a couple of stations but unfortunately, I did not have time to check it out further.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.