Bowie County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
FSO told me a few weeks ago they had migrated that system. CoA essentially has essentially extended policy/offer of expand the system and not have to pay airtime.

Not knowing much about the predeceasing system, I’d be willing to guess the county purchased a L-Core (which has a 5 Site/10 sub-site limit) and is looking into future expansion or had either reached the limit. So came down to a choice of upgrade to a M-Core (which has a several million dollar price tag) or take CoA up on their offer to join 13e (on the newly provisioned Zone 2)at a much smaller relative cost. Just a guess though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KF5DPR

Feed Provider
It was on the old Bi-State Information TRS. It was then upgraded to use the Bi-State P25 TRS system https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9342 which was removed a few days ago and labeled as deprecated. At the time, TAPD/TAFD would use the AWIN system and TTPD and TTFD would use a "DPS" radio system. Now I'm being told that they're using GATTRS by a Hooks PD officer with no clue about the new system. Question is, how are they using the new system with no repeater remotely close or are they using an IP link. Are they using the same TGids? Where is the information for the new system? I can confirm that TAPD/TAFD are still using the AWIN system as I'm able to actively monitor the AWIN repeater sites.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It was on the old Bi-State Information TRS. It was then upgraded to use the Bi-State P25 TRS system https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9342 which was removed a few days ago and labeled as deprecated. At the time, TAPD/TAFD would use the AWIN system and TTPD and TTFD would use a "DPS" radio system. Now I'm being told that they're using GATTRS by a Hooks PD officer with no clue about the new system. Question is, how are they using the new system with no repeater remotely close or are they using an IP link. Are they using the same TGids? Where is the information for the new system? I can confirm that TAPD/TAFD are still using the AWIN system as I'm able to actively monitor the AWIN repeater sites.
What scanner are you using?

I see a couple of licenses issued for Texarkana
WRAG442 (Temporary)
and
WQXA516 (license issued back in 2016) This was the license mapped to the depreciated system.

These appear to be for 700 MHz frequencies, at the same site, for trunking. There duplications in frequencies between the two licenses.

I'd suggest that you create a new P25 system, using the frequencies on the licenses, and set the system for ID Search (Uniden) or with a wildcard (GRE/Whistler).

KF5DPR

Feed Provider
I've been using the Uniden BCD436HP. I thought I had continued to hear traffic on the old frequencies (700MHz) but couldn't recall as retail has been picking up for the holidays and haven't really had a chance to monitor (live in SW AR, unable to get a good quality decode on the Texas system).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've been using the Uniden BCD436HP. I thought I had continued to hear traffic on the old frequencies (700MHz) but couldn't recall as retail has been picking up for the holidays and haven't really had a chance to monitor (live in SW AR, unable to get a good quality decode on the Texas system).
Since they are using basically the same frequencies, if you still have a Fav list that had it entered, I'd enable it, and set it to ID Search. It's probable that they changed talkgroups if it is indeed linked to GATTRS.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I am new to this Forum. Could you please explain what 13e and Zone 2 are?
Thank you!
13E is the System ID used by GATTRS. Motorola's P25 trunking system (Astro 25) solutions are divided into two types. M Core and L Core. The L Core is considered a light or limited core in that it's mainly aimed at small simulcast systems covering a city or maybe a county (such as what most Harris systems are) and is a single zone. M Core has 3 different levels, 1/2/3. The M1 is a single zone, up to 100 sites. M2 is up to 3 zones of 100 sites each. M3 up to 7 zones. Each zone requires it's own core. Zone ID comes across as RFSS OTA.
Sites are connected directly to the core via IP. In this case it'll be leased circuits and can be T1 or fiber. Motorola typically recommends using two different forms of media (T1/fiber, fiber/microwave, T1/microwave) to complete the OSPF ring. Zone 2 has quite a few sites coming to it in the near future though.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

kd5yuk

All is well

Bi-State Information is all the same as before, just not P25 Phase II. The frequencies and the talk groups are the same. It is P25 Phase I. I still receive it on my Whistler WS1088 as before. The old Motorola system is pretty much history, with the exception of lifenet (EMS) conventional frequencies. So we have Bi-State Information P25 Phase I For Bowie County and also Awin For Miller and Bowie County P25 Phase I.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Bi-State Information is all the same as before, just not P25 Phase II. The frequencies and the talk groups are the same. It is P25 Phase I. I still receive it on my Whistler WS1088 as before. The old Motorola system is pretty much history, with the exception of lifenet (EMS) conventional frequencies. So we have Bi-State Information P25 Phase I For Bowie County and also Awin For Miller and Bowie County P25 Phase I.

Do we know the site number? I understand that it is Zone 2 on 13E. We're gonna have to add it as a site on GATRRS.

Russell

KF5DPR

Feed Provider
According to what’s being reported by the data channel it continues to show as Site 003, same as it did when it was Bi-State P25.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
According to what’s being reported by the data channel it continues to show as Site 003, same as it did when it was Bi-State P25.

Very good then. This ought to raise a few eyebrows. Please give me few minutes.

Thanks,
Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.