Fireground Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge47

In the data base for Collin County Texas 800 there are many great trunking freqs. However I am unable to find the fire ground freqs for the individual depts. Where should I look for these?
Thanks, Sarge KE5YPB

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Almost 100% of the rural departments don't use FG's since they have their own TGRP on the county system and tone-out is on another TGRP so they won't interfere or get interfered with by additional calls.

The larger agencies have dedicated FG TGRPS.

Sarge47

Thanks Mike, but now Im really confused. The reason I ask this question is because Northern ColCo depts receive tones then upon arrival on scene say eg." Melissa on scene, moving all traffic to Melissa fireground"
All other local depts do the same thing and I hear nothing else until a dept terminates command and checks enroute back to quarters available for service.
ColCo is not like GrayCo depts who may tell dispatch " change all traffic to VFire-21. Thats easy to follow but finding the local ColCo fire ground freqs is not.
HELP
Sarge KE5YPB

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
The Firegrounds you're looking for are all on the Collin Country Trunked system. AFAIK, most every department has a talkgroup for their Fireground comms. For example, Mellisa's is TGID 2192 for Fireground traffic. It's possible that some departments have access to some of the Mutual Aid VHF/UHF Conventional freqs but most all the time they use the 800 system.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike, but now Im really confused. The reason I ask this question is because Northern ColCo depts receive tones then upon arrival on scene say eg." Melissa on scene, moving all traffic to Melissa fireground"
All other local depts do the same thing and I hear nothing else until a dept terminates command and checks enroute back to quarters available for service.
ColCo is not like GrayCo depts who may tell dispatch " change all traffic to VFire-21. Thats easy to follow but finding the local ColCo fire ground freqs is not.
HELP
Sarge KE5YPB

I see your confusion, I've heard them say that as well, however the actual channel or TGID name, and what is displayed on the radio, is the department followed by VFD, i.e. "Melissa VFD".

All the small police departments that are on the county system also have a designated TGID as well. They usually just say "go to the Melissa channel" when they switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.