Simulcast site question

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing1

I've heard only to have 1 site per system but my problem is I have two counties sharing the same txWARN system (harris and montgomery county tx). If I'm not mistaken I don't think I can listen to harris county on montgomery county simulcast and vise versa. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

racing1

Anyone? Also how do I need the best way to choose the site so I don't miss any traffic.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
You can hear Harris county users on Montgomery County's simulcast, and vice versa. If they wander out of their home area, the outlying towers will take over and open the talkgroup they are tuned to for traffic on that sight. It is all linked together so the conversation is seamless across the multiple towers. Sometimes, even as far north as Huntsville, you will pick up a Harris County sheriff talkgroup. It could be a deputy travelling to drop off inmates at TDCJ or similar travel that allows the deputy to stay on his home channel over hundreds of miles.

racing1

You can hear Harris county users on Montgomery County's simulcast, and vice versa. If they wander out of their home area, the outlying towers will take over and open the talkgroup they are tuned to for traffic on that sight. It is all linked together so the conversation is seamless across the multiple towers. Sometimes, even as far north as Huntsville, you will pick up a Harris County sheriff talkgroup. It could be a deputy travelling to drop off inmates at TDCJ or similar travel that allows the deputy to stay on his home channel over hundreds of miles.
So I should use montgomery counties simulcast for harris and obviously montgomery county? The only thing I have against simulcast is the distortion I receive on them is bad. Is there anything other option?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
So I should use montgomery counties simulcast for harris and obviously montgomery county? The only thing I have against simulcast is the distortion I receive on them is bad. Is there anything other option?

There are users in your area that can help you more than I with the simulcast distortion issue. I would program the Montgomery Co site for Montgomery Co units and Harris Site or outlying towers to hear Harris Co. Which scanner are you using?

racing1

There are users in your area that can help you more than I with the simulcast distortion issue. I would program the Montgomery Co site for Montgomery Co units and Harris Site or outlying towers to hear Harris Co. Which scanner are you using?
The whistler trx-1,they both use the txwarn system.

n5pwp

You do know about the RR TXWARN database don't you? Not meant as a poke but some people aren't aware of all the tools that are provided here. I don't have a hardware scanner and am using the OP25 on a Raspberry Pi to listen to both phase 1 and phase 2 p25 systems. It works quite well. I believe they even do a better job dealing with simulcast distortion. Anyway, based on what your physical location is I might be able to help you pick a site. I listen to the 1-14 and 3-1 sites. The 1-14 site is the Harris Co Northeast Simulcast site and I get all sorts of stuff for the Constables and the Sherrif's office for Harris Co. I believe there is even some Montgomery Co stuff on their too. If your scanner can do phase 2 P25 then the Spring site 3-13 is a potential. Although their more Houston PD.

If you don't know about the database here's the link.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4563

Mike

racing1

You do know about the RR TXWARN database don't you? Not meant as a poke but some people aren't aware of all the tools that are provided here. I don't have a hardware scanner and am using the OP25 on a Raspberry Pi to listen to both phase 1 and phase 2 p25 systems. It works quite well. I believe they even do a better job dealing with simulcast distortion. Anyway, based on what your physical location is I might be able to help you pick a site. I listen to the 1-14 and 3-1 sites. The 1-14 site is the Harris Co Northeast Simulcast site and I get all sorts of stuff for the Constables and the Sherrif's office for Harris Co. I believe there is even some Montgomery Co stuff on their too. If your scanner can do phase 2 P25 then the Spring site 3-13 is a potential. Although their more Houston PD.

If you don't know about the database here's the link.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4563

Mike
I live 15 miles east of magnolia texas but travel to North West harris county quite often.

racing1

I live west of magnolia texas ,but travel to North West harris county quite often.

Disregard this post and read the one above it.

n5pwp

Check out Harris Co Northwest Simulcast (1-13). Also, you might try the Tomball site 1-39. Reed Road 1-30. What organizations are you interested in listening to?

Mike

racing1

Check out Harris Co Northwest Simulcast (1-13). Also, you might try the Tomball site 1-39. Reed Road 1-30. What organizations are you interested in listening to?

Mike
Harris county constable and sheriff,harris county fire/ems.

racing1

Mike
Mostly harris county constable and Sherriff and harris county fire ems. Same goes for montgomery county.

Status
Not open for further replies.