GATRRS - Round Rock / Williamson Co. - Which Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All.

I know Round Rock PD / Cedar Park PD / Georgetown PD etc. is encrypted.

But do we know what tower those are working off of? Is it the Williamson County Simulcast tower listed for GATRRS?
The reason I ask is I cannot get some of the NON-Encrypted agencies like Round Rock FD on my Unication G4 using the Williamson Co. Tower.

Williamson County Simulcast
Williamson
857.9625a
858.9625a
859.5875a
859.9625c (Control Channel)

I am putting in the control channel and not hitting anything.
I understand I will not hit the encrypted PD channels...but should get:
- Georgetown FD
- Cedar Park FD
- Round Rock FD

* SO MY MAIN QUESTION is those monitoring with scanners are you using the Williamson County Simulcast channels or others for these agencies?

Thanks @Wes @MCore25 @rbarker @NC5267 and others.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The database listed control channel isn’t the active control channel.

857.9625 is currently active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Wow - this could be HUGE @MCore25. Ok great to know. Do they alternate between 859.9625 and 857.9625 ? I am guessing this traffic would be on the Williamson County Simulcast tower correct?

So happy you pointed this out...its not as easy on this radio to put in a control channel and listen for the tones like a scanner. So that is why its not locking onto anything...

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
To add...

You should ALWAYS put in all listed CC's as the site can use any of them. Most sites have a preference of CC 1 (except for the oddball MRGDC sites :wink:), but can and will for various reasons use the alt CC's.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Wow - this could be HUGE @MCore25. Ok great to know. Do they alternate between 859.9625 and 857.9625 ? I am guessing this traffic would be on the Williamson County Simulcast tower correct?

So happy you pointed this out...its not as easy on this radio to put in a control channel and listen for the tones like a scanner. So that is why its not locking onto anything...

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

I didn't really start paying much attention to it until about year ago but I can tell you 857.9625 is the primary. The only reason these sites (talking a modern Astro 25 system) would roll control channels is if there was interference on the active, a failure on the active (or the repeater had been turned off for maintenance), or a switch failure.

All local traffic will be on the Wilco site. Occasionally you'll see DPS (specifically Travis county) on it as well.

To add...

You should ALWAYS put in all listed CC's as the site can use any of them. Most sites have a preference of CC 1 (except for the oddball MRGDC sites :wink:), but can and will for various reasons use the alt CC's.

Pretty much. Though I believe in this particular instance the primary was either under maintenance at the time of discovery, the equipment used was off frequency or a AC was misread as a CC during it having some voice traffic on a display.

Typical rule of thumb, Harris simulcast systems will have every channel in the system listed as a control channel (haven't seen enough wide-area from Harris to actually tell you if it holds true for them), Motorola will typically list 4 control channels (though in some instances there will only be two or three).

Status
Not open for further replies.