HomePatrol 2 help in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone. I know I will come off sounding like a complete idiot, but I have not been able to program my HomePatrol 2 radio to pick up the channels I really want to hear. I am in the 77379 zip code and are not picking up the Harris County Sheriffs Department or the Precinct 4 Constables. In fact, my Home Patrol Sentinel will not even open, so I am at a loss. Is there a place I can take it into where they can program it, or is there another option? My local favorites, which I put in before things stopped working, only seem to get local area fire departments, and not the law enforcement I am looking for. Thank you in advance.
Brent

w5rah

Several questions...we're you able to program the scanner before using the Sentinel software? Also when you set it up initially, did you program it to monitor just the Northwest Simulcast Site? Also have you set it up to do location based monitoring where you entered your zip code and set a range of distances. I would suggest just scanning the Northwest Simulcast Site. Also look at your selections for the talk groups for it to import and make sure C4 and HCSO are selected. If the Sentinel software will not even load, you may need to reinstall it from the uniden site. Hopefully it will open and you can read the scanner via the sun cable. If not you can always remove the microSD card and and read the card that way. Then make sure you update the database. Lastly, are you using it primarily at home or out and about. If your just using it at home, you may prefer a more straight forward scanner like a 996P2. Just a thought.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Evening everyone. I know I will come off sounding like a complete idiot, but I have not been able to program my HomePatrol 2 radio to pick up the channels I really want to hear. I am in the 77379 zip code and are not picking up the Harris County Sheriffs Department or the Precinct 4 Constables. In fact, my Home Patrol Sentinel will not even open, so I am at a loss. Is there a place I can take it into where they can program it, or is there another option? My local favorites, which I put in before things stopped working, only seem to get local area fire departments, and not the law enforcement I am looking for. Thank you in advance.
Brent
Along the lines of what w5rah asked, were you ever able to run Sentinel initially, then download a database update and write that update to the scanner? If not, then the database information in the scanner may be years out of date.

As already suggested, you may want to uninstall Sentinel, then reinstall. You can find the software & installation details here.

Note: When reinstalling Sentinel, and when trying to use the program, be sure to select the "Run as Administrator" option. If, after reinstalling the program, and trying to run it as an administrator, if you still cannot get it to run, then that needs to be addressed before going any farther.

Robert721

The Tomball site works well for C4 and SO D1. Cy Creek com center main is still analog but most of the other VFD channels are now Kenwood NXDN and not currently supported by Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.