RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 2:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default General question

I want to monitor the uvalde county sheriffs office and police dispatch. Located in uvalde county Texas. They are on a Motorola radio system. I have downloaded the uvalde county frequencies into my uniden 325p2 but do not hear any broadcasting. Is this system encrypted?
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2018, 3:54 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They are not on a Motorola system. They are on an APCO P25 Phase I system. The channels they use on that system are not encrypted, according to the database. Note that questions like this are best asked in the appropriate state forum.
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.
Old 03-06-2018, 4:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsavannahs View Post
I want to monitor the uvalde county sheriffs office and police dispatch. Located in uvalde county Texas. They are on a Motorola radio system. I have downloaded the uvalde county frequencies into my uniden 325p2 but do not hear any broadcasting. Is this system encrypted?
" ... I have downloaded the uvalde county frequencies into my uniden 325p2 ... "

To explain that statement in enough detail to get any REAL assitance from an actual knowledgable RR member you might have to type 1000 words. Let's start by keeping it simple, step-by-step.

Based upon the RR WIKI information (https://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...ftware_Support), your BCD325P2 offers 4 different methods of "programming". Three of these methods involve software. The three software options are shown as ARC-XT, FreeScan, and ProScan. The fourth method (not shown) is the dreaded manual method (lol).

Assuming (lol) that your particular scanner can actually properly receive Uvalde County "frequencies", the best assistance will probably come from someone who has the same scanner, and uses the same "programming" method (of the four options).

Since RR claims to have " ... hundreds of thousands of members ... " (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/about/), there is good chance that several RR Members would fit this situation.

So, step #1: Which of the four "programming" methods did you use in your "programming" attempt?
Old 03-06-2018, 4:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Looking at the Database, they appear to be on the GATRRS radio system. You need to program in the frequencies for the Uvalde site. Site #14. and the talkgroups listed for Uvalde County. They do not appear to be encrypted. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2
Old 03-06-2018, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
They are not on a Motorola system. They are on an APCO P25 Phase I system.

Though not the SmartNet P16 System which is typically defined by the term “Motorola System” it is in fact a Motorola System…just a Motorola Astro 25 system. And while it does operate according to the APCO Project 25 standards it also has some proprietary Motorola features which are active. Have to be careful about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2018, 8:14 AM
TX/LA Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

OP,

I just drove through last night. The SO and Uvalde PD are on https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2

When you program this system, you will want not only the Uvalde tower but Utopia as well as Leakey so you don't miss anything as you move around the hilly terrain. Uvalde PD is particularly active and the SO is a little more laid back.

There are also several Fire and EMS repeaters that are still conventional VHF analog. You can find them on the county page.

Last edited by rattlerbb01; 03-07-2018 at 8:15 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Tags
motorola