Ellis County AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunkh8er

AMR became the ambulance provider for a big chunk of Ellis County last year. Any help on where to find their dispatch would be appreciated.

ab5r

This question is kind of a mystery. I asked a similar question about JOHNSON county and was advised that they were being dispatched by the Cleburne FD., which they are. Perhaps the same is true in ELLIS county?

One would think that they had private central frequency.

jason51

453.175 Ellis CO AMR. That is also the AMR Dallas channel. You will only hear an occasional tone out, everything else is done on Logis CAD. I also understand that Waxahachie and other departments in the county have the ability to tone them on their fire channels.
Johnson co is on the FWRRS.
There is just not much radio traffic with AMR. That is the way that they want it.

ab5r

Interesting and very good information. Surely LOGIS is not on only one frequency (453.175)?

Thanks Jason

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Interesting and very good information. Surely LOGIS is not on only one frequency (453.175)?

Thanks Jason
453.175 is a voice channel. I believe that LOGIS is a CAD system, data to MDT's on the field units, rather than voice; probably through cellular or other data carriers.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
I think there used to be some EMS provider in Ellis Co. on 462.175. Can't remember who though. I never monitor that county nowadays, but I know in the past I did, and that was a good frequency. Sort of like AMR in Collin Co. on 453.075. I find it much better than listening to the FD's on the Collin TRS.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I think there used to be some EMS provider in Ellis Co. on 462.175. Can't remember who though. I never monitor that county nowadays, but I know in the past I did, and that was a good frequency. Sort of like AMR in Collin Co. on 453.075. I find it much better than listening to the FD's on the Collin TRS.
You're probably thinking of CareFlite Ground, which used to use that frequency. Now, of course, they and the medevac group are on the Megahertz DMR system.

favin

Premium Subscriber
AMR dispatches units on the county fire dispatch channel, and occasionally on the Ennis FD dispatch channel and old VHF Red Oak FD channel. AMR dispatch console also monitors the Waxahachie Fire 800 Mhz dispatch channel. The AMR units switch between the various FD channels depending on the response location.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I know this will be an old post to a well answered topic, sorry I don't follow forums much.

AMR typically does not buy FCC licenses. Keeps their overhead down, not sure they even employ a radio tech. They also rarely rent/lease on commercial systems. They have a license in Hunt Co. which is never used (453.8250) They tend to like to use whatever Fire repeater is in the county and dispatch with fire. Keep in mind too they all have pagers as well.

Just figured I'd add it.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
WOW! Conventional NFM Analog! Interesting since the trend pre buyout was to go digital (Especially DMR) and encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.