Weatherford new 700 MHz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Weatherford application for new 700 MHz trunked system.
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0008232210 - WEATHERFORD, CITY OF
4 of the 6 channels are the same as the Parker County 700 MHz site in Weatherford.
Thanks for the heads up, Tom.

In going back & forth, regularly, from my house in Dallas, out to Stephens County, I don't think I ever hear the Parker County system on it's 700MHz site. Lots of traffic on the Vhf, which I can also hear from Stephens County, but none on their 700MHz. Don't know if I was just happening to miss usage on it, or it was not being utilized.

jasday

Steve, right now the only users on the 700 system are the public works guys and I'm not 100% that they're using it currently. FD and PD are waiting for their radios.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve, right now the only users on the 700 system are the public works guys and I'm not 100% that they're using it currently. FD and PD are waiting for their radios.
Thanks jasday.

That would explain why I never hear them, as I only load public safety TGIDs for the Parker P25 system: law enforcement, fire, and EMS.

nd5y

Any scanner that can receive P25 phase 1 trunking.
If you have a scanner that receives Ohio MARCS then it will receive Parker County.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I had a question with Parker P25, which scanners can you use for it? I am moving to the area.
The Parker County system is P25, Phase I. There's a bunch of scanners out there that will handle it. Denton County, which is just to the northeast of Parker County, is on a P25 Phase II system. Most everything else that's in range of Parker County is either P25 Phase I (FWRRS, which covers Tarrant & Johnson counties (Several cities on that system are Phase II but would be out of range in Parker), conventional (some analog, some P25, such as Texas DPS), with a few agencies of interest (including CareFlite, an air medical entity) using DMR. Note that the system is adding additional 700MHz sites, so older digital scanners, such the RadioShack Pro-96/-2096 and Uniden's BC296D/BC796D, would not be effective. While these four scanners can track P25 Phase I systems, they cannot utilize 700MHz frequencies.

Digital Scanners:
Current Model Uniden:
Note that ALL of the scanners below will receive P25 Phase I & P25 Phase II signals. All (except the HomePatrol-2) can utilize paid upgrades to receive DMR systems or ProVoice.

Uniden BCD436HP (Handheld)
Uniden BCD536HP (Base/Mobile)
Uniden BCD325P2 (Handheld)
Uniden BCD996P2 (Base Mobile)
Uniden SDS100 (Handheld) Beginning to ship early June 2018.

Uniden Home Patrol 2
This model can be used as a desktop scanner, or with optional available mounts, used in a vehicle. While not really designed as a ‘true handheld scanner’, it does run on batteries and can be carried in a coat pocket or in a small belt tool holster.

Previous Uniden Models There may be a few new units in dealers’ leftover stock, but these are primarily are going to be found in the previously owned markets, such as the Classifieds here on RadioReference, on eBay or Craig’s List, other online sites, garage or estate sales, or pawn shops.
Uniden BCD396XT (Handheld)
Uniden BCD996XT (Base/Mobile)
Uniden HomePatrol-1 (Base/Mobile)

Slightly Older Models (Discontinued, but can be found in used, but good, condition. These cannot utilize the NAC codes for P25 conventional frequencies):
Uniden BCD396T (Handheld)
Uniden BCD996T (Base/Mobile)

Current Model Whistler:
All of the scanners in this group can receive P25 Phase I & P25 Phase II signals. These also can utilize a free upgrade for receiving DMR systems.

WS1088 (Handheld) Has keypad.
WS1098 (Base/Mobile) Has keypad and a detachable head for mobile installations.

TRX-1 (Handheld) Has keypad.
TRX-2 (Base/Mobile) Has keypad and a detachable head for mobile installations.
The TRX-1 & TRX-2 also have an available free upgrade to enable reception of NXDN systems.

Whistler has also announced two new models, TRX-100 (handheld) and TRX-200 (Base/Mobile) that should be available December 2018. See this RR thread for more.

Previous Whistler Models that are also P25 Phase I & P25 Phase II capable, also have a free DMR upgrade:
WS1080 (Handheld) (Same as the WS1088, except lacking the numeric keypad)
WS1095 (Base/Mobile) (Same as the WS1098, except lacking the numeric keypad)

The scanners below have a paid upgrade available through Whistler, to make them DMR capable, as well as P25 Phase I & Phase II (all except the Pro-18 were already Phase II capable). This upgrade also makes them eligible for support from Whistler. All are discontinued units. Also see this RadioReference thread.

GRE PSR-800 (Handheld)
RadioShack PRO-18 (Handheld)
Radio Shack Pro-668 (Handheld)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Whistler P25 Phase I capable (No DMR or Phase II upgrade available.)
WS1040 (Handheld)
WS1065 (Base/Mobile)

Other Discontinued Scanners:
These units are capable of P25 Phase I only. No Phase II nor DMR upgrade is possible.

GRE manufactured scanners (Discontinued, GRE shut down several years ago):
GRE PSR-500 (Handheld)
GRE PSR-600 (Base/Mobile)
RadioShack PRO-106 (Handheld)
RadioShack PRO-197 (Base/Mobile)

The above were manufactured by GRE, which has ceased production and disbanded. While a few new units may still be found, they are scarce. Don’t overlook the used market, either in the classifieds here, on eBay, other online sites, or occasionally local pawn shops or yard sales. For any GRE manufactured scanner purchased used, make sure it's complete (all parts included, including battery holders), and in good working order. With GRE now no longer in the picture, parts and service support are problematic. As a result of their second bankruptcy, Radio Shack no longer supports scanners sold under their nameplate.

Note that Whistler Group has acquired the intellectual property of the old GRE product line, and has started releasing units using those designs. However, there has been no commitment that they will provide parts and service support for the former GRE units, nor Radio Shack branded units, other than those listed above with the paid DMR upgrade. These were produced by Whistler for sale in Radio Shack stores, but parts and service support may be questionable.
Radio Shack Pro-651 (Handheld; Whistler equivalent WS1040)
Radio Shack Pro-652 (Base/Mobile; Whistler equivalent WS1065)

jasday

Hey Tom. I did some digging, the Weatherford 700 "system" is just a add on site to the Parker Co P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.