Not much left to listen to on a Pro 2004 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG5T

I live in Houston, Texas and I think probably 95 percent of all radio users in the city and county have gone to P25. There are about only 12 things left I can hear on the Pro 2004 scanner. On some of them I cannot half of the conversation (marine, railroad, etc) but that's because I'm not close enough to the trains and ships. Does anyone have a list of frequencies that are not P25 that I might be able to hear? Otherwise, can someone tell me how much a P25 scanner might cost - something in size of the Pro 2004 but that will pick up active frequencies that are not encrypted. Thanks.

scanaholic

They aren't cheap. I bought a PSR 600 back in 2013 I guess it was, now it's a dinosaur, "obsolete", but we're still mostly P25 in the Abilene area, haven't gone to Phase II yet. It's still very usable.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Old 2004's are great for civilian air and milcom. I wouldn't sell it, but rather use for a backup for other interests. There ought to be plenty to listen to down there with the Gulf and warning areas, NORAD, etc. I'm not sure what active frequencies are for your area because I'm up here in DFW, but I would look at the Radio Reference database and possibly also get in contact with Eric Carlson or do a search for his web page. He has a lot of confirmed stuff for your area. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.