Bellaire tx, bpd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

How in the heck a small police unit able to encrypt all they channels including the dispatch channels. Wooooow

hou30guy

I just wanna be able to listen to them tooo lol, i got everyone in harris County program but them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just wanna be able to listen to them tooo lol, i got everyone in harris County program but them

Check one of their old UHF frequencies (460.175). They have Fire Dispatch simulcasted there for some reason.

cmcgrail

You mean to tell me the entire city of Bellaire went full time encryption? HA! It doesn't surprise me, I grew up there listening to them on 460.175. They would have done this years ago if they had the technology. I knew several Bellaire officers back in the 90's and they absolutely detested the fact people could listen to them on scanners. This was back before cell phones were common and could not simply "21 dispatch" they had to communicate over the radio, type short messages on the MDT, or find a phone.

hou30guy

Yup like what the heck are yall hiding. Knowing them they probably did that after they officers got killed, one with that collision shop shooting and the other the motorcycle chase thru the neighborhood and he lost control and died.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Howard County with a population of 35,000 going with a 700 MHz 2 site simulcast fully encrypted system. I guess a lot of tickets and our tax dollars going to a system they don’t need. They could had easily used the PBRPC regional system which their County has a repeater sight which is very close to one of the new sites.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Constitution Fee Zone

How in the heck a small police unit able to encrypt all they channels including the dispatch channels. Wooooow

You are living within 100 miles of the coast. https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

I don't know whether Homeland Insecurity follows this. But, it makes you think, "how far can they go?"

I believe I remember hearing about BPD requesting that the online feed be removed in the remote past.

Most of the time, LE uses this excuse, "officer safety." Online scanners are often cited as the main reason. However, if you present them with the opposite, they balk. So, try this with your municipality, if it is encrypted. Go to a city council meeting & propose the removal of the online link. See what happens. I suspect this will happen, nothing. They are engaging in prevarication.

Last edited:

w5wht

So explain something....If BPD is encrypted like everyone says that it is. Then how do the wreckers know about the wrecks and when they call for a wrecker for a prisoners car

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Probably the same as any other jurisdiction. Officers request either a rotation(contract) wrecker or owners request wrecker. Dispatch then calls the wrecker company. Wreckers in most jurisdictions cannot just show up at a scene and get a pull.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Probably the same as any other jurisdiction. Officers request either a rotation(contract) wrecker or owners request wrecker. Dispatch then calls the wrecker company. Wreckers in most jurisdictions cannot just show up at a scene and get a pull.

You must not be from the Houston area. :p

Almost all agencies in the area call for wreckers on the radio.

hou30guy

Yup call for it on the radio, they flip coins when police says no more wreckers on the radio

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
If 3 to 5 wreckers respond, then they can do odd or evens up or down. One of the drivers or the officer draws the chip. The brass chips are county or city issued.

Not a bad system. So much corruption with rotation or even worse is contract towing. I sit in Dallas traffic daily and prefer not sitting behind miles of backup while SO waits for a rotation wrecker.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
So explain something....If BPD is encrypted like everyone says that it is. Then how do the wreckers know about the wrecks and when they call for a wrecker for a prisoners car
They request wreckers on the FD UHF frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.