Conroe, TX Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBELL911

Is Conroe PD encrypted? I cant seem to pick them up on the Motorola P25. Any tips? Just moved to the area, from Chicago. Any other tips about scanning the area appreciated to

hou30guy

No, its digital and probably on phase 2
067bb1e18332abe82855e7bdf36b078f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hou30guy

I use a phase 2 g5 unication radio, i type those 2 numbers in a site and control channel and done

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
No, its digital and probably on phase 2
067bb1e18332abe82855e7bdf36b078f.jpg

Those talkgroups appear to be patches to the old Montgomery County EDACS system, not the active talkgroups. On the EDACS system, the PD talkgroup, labeled as 'linked' to TxWARN, is showing as depreciated. No longer used?

I see Conroe on the Montgomery County P25 system. FD is Phase II. PD shows to be Phase I, but encrypted for all listed TGIDs, including dispatch.

LBELL911

hou30guy, so you posted above about it, but am I correct you don't actively listen to Conroe? Cause if you do then it can't be encrypted, but not you are saying it is encrypted???...now ya got me confused......or did you post on information you had not actual experienced?

hou30guy

Some one stated it was encrypted but i posted they mix group, im in Houston so i listen to everything south of conroe and have a file if you like, but never really go north to conroe aldo im onltly 10 or so miles away

intuity

One of the most frustrating things I have found about monitoring TxWARN is that just about every object-based scanner (like the Uniden HP1/2, RS/Whistler PRO-668, and most others) has issues with the way they implement sites and layers, which results in the scanner constantly chasing control channels or scanning so many talkgroups that voice calls never get locked on.

This problem is exacerbated significantly by the fact that unless you are familiar with the way that TxWARN is organized into layers for different entities by phase 1 or 2 and split on a site by site basis, as well as the simulcasts carrying some but not all, et cetera - the default configuration that these types of scanners will produce results in a jumble of sites and talkgroups that will have you tearing your hair out trying to figure out why either it won't lock on a control channel, or if it does, it's silent 90% of the time.

Long story short, I have not ever been able to successfully monitor anything but simulcast talkgroups on the Montgomery County sites and only a few talkgroups on either of the Walker County sites unless I took the excruciating time to add a custom site definition with the appropriate control channels and talkgroups expected on that site.

It's only going to get more complex though, because once everyone in the region is on board, and phase 2 is fully online for all of the players involved, the simulcasting sites will become more and more important for those who want to monitor dispatch and other operations, because the simulcast sites are going to be the only ones that are phase 1 capable and thus accessible to non-associated entities like tow truck companies and the like.

hou30guy

Buy a g5 unication phase 2 and be done with it and listen to any and everything you want, with the voice just as good as police radios
29cc73206a900696fdba4df3abd56b96.jpg

intuity

I found a much more cost-effective solution a while back thanks to a user here, GroundLoop. :D I already had a dozen or so MaxTrac 800's kicking around the closet, so I modified one to use with the code he wrote to control it with an Arduino to feed control channel information to Unitrunker, which in turn controls another two for voice call channel tuning. One feeds audio to OP25 for phase II decoding and the other feeds dsdplus for phase I calls.

Audio quality is excellent - but it helps to have the processing power behind both OP25 and DSD. At the moment I am only monitoring the TxWARN Walker County sites and the MC simulcast site, but eventually I want to build a conventional stack to handle Polk and Liberty County as well as DPS, as they use P25 down in VHF, but until I stock up on some VHF MaxTracs, that's gonna have to wait.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
CPD operates exclusively on the MCHD P25 system, and is fully encrypted.

/thread

Yep. Though from time to time they *try* to patch in with MCSO, which is always amusing and never works.

In fact, I have the audio recording from when they flipped the switch to the dark several years ago if anyone is interested.

Also, don't rely on human derived databases as fact, that's silly.

JeremyKX

I believe Conroe will issue media radios but you have to pay for the APX radio. Don't remember the price one of the media guys was told when he inquired on getting one but think it ran around $4,000

Status
Not open for further replies.