NEISD San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Most of their repeaters are already licensed for DMR. Will just have to keep a listen out.

Interestingly, while I was in DeSoto Parish, LA last month, I tried listening to and mapping out their county SO and Fire/EMS as well as Mansfield, LA PD/Fire, which all switched to DMR in recent history. I was getting a lot of Slot 2 transmissions on each of the repeaters which was showing up as GPS location and heading data, while Slot 1 was voice traffic. I would bet that it is set up something similar to that unless they are going with a commercial SMR solution that already exists in the area.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I wonder if this is going to be on an existing DMR network. XPR mobiles were shown in the video. Since they are quoted as being a monthly cost, my bet it S&P or All Points communication

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
36 seconds into the video the XPR mobile has an "All Points Communications" sticker on it. Pretty good chance you can find them on that Connect Plus system.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I had to check my records...NCISD is on the All Points Connect Plus system, ECISD is on a Capacity Plus system formerly owned by CTS.

scrotumola

2009 School district: We need reliable communications and gap free coverage, fleet tracking and alerting for our school buses.

Communications vendor sales pitch: "There's an app for that!" What a concept!

2016 City council outlaws the use hand held phone communications devices. The state supercedes with school zone prohibitions.

School districts: We need reliable communications and gap free coverage, fleet tracking and alerting for our school buses that are in compliance.

Radio vendor sales pitch: We have a novel solution that involves our digital mobile radio network.

Both: WHAT A CONCEPT!

<CHACHING!>

Taxpayer$ pay up.

Project25_MASTR

2009 School district: We need reliable communications and gap free coverage, fleet tracking and alerting for our school buses.

Communications vendor sales pitch: "There's an app for that!" What a concept!

2016 City council outlaws the use hand held phone communications devices. The state supercedes with school zone prohibitions.

School districts: We need reliable communications and gap free coverage, fleet tracking and alerting for our school buses that are in compliance.

Radio vendor sales pitch: We have a novel solution that involves our digital mobile radio network.

Both: WHAT A CONCEPT!

<CHACHING!>

Taxpayer$ pay up.

Could be worse. Connect Plus is end of life (though still supported) and rumor has it one of All Point’s competitors is taking of building out a P25 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael-SATX

System Naming Decision to make &amp; RRDB cleanup !

I had to check my records...NEISD is on the All Points Connect Plus system, ECISD is on a Capacity Plus system formerly owned by CTS.

So to the Forum and 2-way Radio Dealers let's best hash out these 2 links with 2 different system names !
The 2 SATX sites FCC show Communication Professionals and Austin shows All Points Communications.
So CTS (Consolidated Telephone Systems) is out and BearCom closed the CTS/All Points Comm office
located at 12131 Jones Maltsberger Rd San Antonio, TX 78247 in SA by NEISD Blossom Athletic Center
and relocated it up north on IH-35 north now listed as BearCom 6728 Guada Coma Dr. Schertz, TX 78154

Let's hear the naming logic commence : All Points Communications or Communication Professionals ?
and pile on that a few of the Austin FCC license say Rick Lane Family Holdings Inc. .... Come On ;)

ULS License - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPQA748 - COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS LTD
COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS LTD
P.O. Box 311323
New Braunfels, TX 78131
ATTN H. Sumner Bowen, Sr.
sumner@soundsandthings.com
NEW BRAUNFELS, GARDEN RIDGE AND BULVERDE OFFICE AND WAREHOUSE RENTALS, (from their website quote posted below)
We have deployed a Motorola Turbo wide area digital radio system providing voice, GPS tracking, text messaging and immedate vehicle status. The coverage areas currently extends from Waco and the surrounding areas to the San Antonio metropolitan area. The future seamless coverage area will be extended to the Dallas-Ft.Worth area.
Employing the latest in digital technology, companies may be provided with real time location, speed, time in travel, individual or group text messages, voice communication, and status.

This is the BearCom website for their local area office who likely has nothing to do with this Con+ system.
https://bearcom.com/location/san-antonio/

So the big question is does APC and Communication Professionals have some co-op arrangement ?
Or perhaps even a dba (doing business as) would go a long way to explaining this marriage or a buy out ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

All Points Communications of Austin
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7330

Communication Professionals (Connect Plus)
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I found a 3rd freq for this site, no doubt added to support the 354 new NEISD Bus DMR radios.

Northeast Bexar County Site #2 Details:
Site Neighbors: 1=(Austin) & 5=(Southeast Bexar County)
Site FCC Licenses both say Communication Professionals
Existing FCC License WPQA748 and now also WPUL775 (LCN#2=856.7875)

Site Frequency Table
LCN LSN Frequency Color Code
01 1 856.0125 1
01 2 856.0125 1
02 3 856.7875 1
02 4 856.7875 1
03 5 859.0125 1
03 6 859.0125 1 (GPS Location Data Slot Maybe ?)

Also, I went looking for where the NEISD Buses DMR radios were hosted and found them on this system.

North East ISD Talkgroups

7020 T NEISD Bus Disp 1 - Buses Dispatch 1 - Schools
7021 T NEISD Bus Disp 2 - Buses Dispatch 2 - Schools
7022 T NEISD Bus Disp 3 - Buses Dispatch 3 - Schools
7023 T NEISD Bus Disp 4 - Buses Dispatch 4 - Schools

ps ~ I am keeping notes for each of the 4 TG's and their RID's seen, bus #'s, schools on their routes etc.
I do not see a clear pattern yet and maybe each TG represents a NEISD sub-district or set of schools, etc?
But hey with Madison HS mentioned on both TG 7020 & 7023 yeah that's not panning out to well so far :(
The longer 5 digit Dispatcher RID's 64251~64257 are also seen on multiple TG's as well. Chime In users ;)

Project25_MASTR

So to the Forum and 2-way Radio Dealers let's best hash out these 2 links with 2 different system names !
The 2 SATX sites FCC show Communication Professionals and Austin shows All Points Communications.
So CTS (Consolidated Telephone Systems) is out and BearCom closed the CTS/All Points Comm office
located at 12131 Jones Maltsberger Rd San Antonio, TX 78247 in SA by NEISD Blossom Athletic Center
and relocated it up north on IH-35 north now listed as BearCom 6728 Guada Coma Dr. Schertz, TX 78154

Let's hear the naming logic commence : All Points Communications or Communication Professionals ?
and pile on that a few of the Austin FCC license say Rick Lane Family Holdings Inc. .... Come On ;)

ULS License - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPQA748 - COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS LTD
COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS LTD
P.O. Box 311323
New Braunfels, TX 78131
ATTN H. Sumner Bowen, Sr.
sumner@soundsandthings.com
NEW BRAUNFELS, GARDEN RIDGE AND BULVERDE OFFICE AND WAREHOUSE RENTALS, (from their website quote posted below)
We have deployed a Motorola Turbo wide area digital radio system providing voice, GPS tracking, text messaging and immedate vehicle status. The coverage areas currently extends from Waco and the surrounding areas to the San Antonio metropolitan area. The future seamless coverage area will be extended to the Dallas-Ft.Worth area.
Employing the latest in digital technology, companies may be provided with real time location, speed, time in travel, individual or group text messages, voice communication, and status.

This is the BearCom website for their local area office who likely has nothing to do with this Con+ system.
https://bearcom.com/location/san-antonio/

So the big question is does APC and Communication Professionals have some co-op arrangement ?
Or perhaps even a dba (doing business as) would go a long way to explaining this marriage or a buy out ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

All Points Communications of Austin
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7330

Communication Professionals (Connect Plus)
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I found a 3rd freq for this site, no doubt added to support the 354 new NEISD Bus DMR radios.

Northeast Bexar County Site #2 Details:
Site Neighbors: 1=(Austin) & 5=(Southeast Bexar County)
Site FCC Licenses both say Communication Professionals
Existing FCC License WPQA748 and now also WPUL775 (LCN#2=856.7875)

Site Frequency Table
LCN LSN Frequency Color Code
01 1 856.0125 1
01 2 856.0125 1
02 3 856.7875 1
02 4 856.7875 1
03 5 859.0125 1
03 6 859.0125 1 (GPS Location Data Slot Maybe ?)

Also, I went looking for where the NEISD Buses DMR radios were hosted and found them on this system.

North East ISD Talkgroups

7020 T NEISD Bus Disp 1 - Buses Dispatch 1 - Schools
7021 T NEISD Bus Disp 2 - Buses Dispatch 2 - Schools
7022 T NEISD Bus Disp 3 - Buses Dispatch 3 - Schools
7023 T NEISD Bus Disp 4 - Buses Dispatch 4 - Schools

ps ~ I am keeping notes for each of the 4 TG's and their RID's seen, bus #'s, schools on their routes etc.
I do not see a clear pattern yet and maybe each TG represents a NEISD sub-district or set of schools, etc?
But hey with Madison HS mentioned on both TG 7020 & 7023 yeah that's not panning out to well so far :(
The longer 5 digit Dispatcher RID's 64251~64257 are also seen on multiple TG's as well. Chime In users ;)

To make a really long story short...All Points founded by Rick Lane and Bill Morgan. Rick purchases the rights to All Points of Austin, Bill sells the rest (though not the name) to Pam Faver (owner of Consolidated Telecom Services). CTS rebrands All Points of San Antonio. Rick operates All Points of Austin DBA Communications Professionals in San Antonio. At some point, Bill starts Wear Radio and begins operating it as a MSS/SMR. CTS eventually acquires Wear and begins building Capacity Plus sites in place of Wear Radio Privacy Plus systems (only remaining is Waco which was cannibalized for a two channel Capcaity Plus system). CTS also builds Capacity Plus in Elmendorf, Med Center, and Carizo Springs. Eventually CTS "sells" the airtime to a company called Rapid Link who plans on building it into Linked Capacity Plus. Never happens.

Bearcom acquires CTS in August of 2016 and they immediately close the Houston office (merging it with Deer Park). At this point a company called Xcel Bandwidth begins operating what was acquired from Rapid Link. Pam Faver gets sideways with Bearcom over the next few months, lawsuits are filed and Bearcom begins trying to get out of buildings owned by Pam Faver (since Bearcom leases EVERYTHING to write it all off) which included San Antonio (All Points), Temple and Waco (which were both Wear buildings). Temple closes first, followed by Waco. Round Rock (which was formerly Texas Comm) moves to a newer facility and San Antonio follows shortly thereafter.

While this is going on Xcel Bandwidth begins building Connect Plus, starting off with two (new) sites in Austin in an attempt to migrate customers CTS had loaded onto the All Points system and eventually planning on converting the existing Capacity Plus sites. Due to the fact Xcel was leasing frequencies from Bill Morgan, Bill ended up with everything when Xcel's accounts were frozen for a federal racketeering investigation. All of that is operated as WAM Radio now. Only two sites for Connect Plus at this moment in time (Ausitn and a Round Rock location) operating as Sys ID 486 but the Capacity Plus and Privacy Plus everywhere else is still operational.

Hope that clears somethings up...

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

Hmm, wow, now that is about as clear as a wild twisted SOAP Opera &#55357;&#56622;
Bill Morgan also has ties with Tom Phillips of CETC and also Communications Etc
Also I believe Titan Towers ? So how does Sumner Bowen Sr fit into the picture ?
Heck I was waiting for you to drag in S&P (Arthur Sherman & Brian "BNS" Sherman) ,
Airwave Radio (Fred Hurst) and Industrial Communications (Jeff Poole) into this also !
Well I do say your long story short sure included more players than one could imagine :)

Please FWRadio your also encouraged to weigh in on this consolidated Con+ system name !
So technically both system names are about half right with so many dba players involved !
MCore25, so if it fell up to you to resolve the 2 Con+ names what would name this said system
With sites in San Antonio, Austin and Georgetown (although I don't see a NL of a Site #3 ?)

Last edited:

scrotumola

MCore25,

Wow, a very logical, well-written and accurate chronology of how the SMR turns, Central Texas style.
I applaud and thank you for documenting that and keeping it all together before it became even more convoluted.

MikeSATX brings up another topic.... the topsy-turvy stories of the other players.

~S~

To make a really long story short...All Points founded by Rick Lane and Bill Morgan. Rick purchases the rights to All Points of Austin, Bill sells the rest (though not the name) to Pam Faver (owner of Consolidated Telecom Services). CTS rebrands All Points of San Antonio. Rick operates All Points of Austin DBA Communications Professionals in San Antonio. At some point, Bill starts Wear Radio and begins operating it as a MSS/SMR. CTS eventually acquires Wear and begins building Capacity Plus sites in place of Wear Radio Privacy Plus systems (only remaining is Waco which was cannibalized for a two channel Capcaity Plus system). CTS also builds Capacity Plus in Elmendorf, Med Center, and Carizo Springs. Eventually CTS "sells" the airtime to a company called Rapid Link who plans on building it into Linked Capacity Plus. Never happens.

Bearcom acquires CTS in August of 2016 and they immediately close the Houston office (merging it with Deer Park). At this point a company called Xcel Bandwidth begins operating what was acquired from Rapid Link. Pam Faver gets sideways with Bearcom over the next few months, lawsuits are filed and Bearcom begins trying to get out of buildings owned by Pam Faver (since Bearcom leases EVERYTHING to write it all off) which included San Antonio (All Points), Temple and Waco (which were both Wear buildings). Temple closes first, followed by Waco. Round Rock (which was formerly Texas Comm) moves to a newer facility and San Antonio follows shortly thereafter.

While this is going on Xcel Bandwidth begins building Connect Plus, starting off with two (new) sites in Austin in an attempt to migrate customers CTS had loaded onto the All Points system and eventually planning on converting the existing Capacity Plus sites. Due to the fact Xcel was leasing frequencies from Bill Morgan, Bill ended up with everything when Xcel's accounts were frozen for a federal racketeering investigation. All of that is operated as WAM Radio now. Only two sites for Connect Plus at this moment in time (Ausitn and a Round Rock location) operating as Sys ID 486 but the Capacity Plus and Privacy Plus everywhere else is still operational.

Hope that clears somethings up...

Project25_MASTR

Hmm, wow, now that is about as clear as a wild twisted SOAP Opera &#65533;&#65533;
Also I believe Titan Towers ? So how does Sumner Bowen Sr fit into the picture ?
Heck I was waiting for you to drag in S&P (Arthur Sherman & Brian "BNS" Sherman) ,
Airwave Radio (Fred Hurst) and Industrial Communications (Jeff Poole) into this also !
Well I do say your long story short sure included more players than one could imagine :)

Please FWRadio your also encouraged to weigh in on this consolidated Con+ system name !
So technically both system names are about half right with so many dba players involved !
MCore25, so if it fell up to you to resolve the 2 Con+ names what would name this said system
With sites in San Antonio, Austin and Georgetown (although I don't see a NL of a Site #3 ?)

236 is All Points. It's 5 or 6 sites currently (two in San Antonio, one in Austin, one in Lampasas and one in Killeen if memory serves correct).

486 is WAM Radio. 2 Sites currently (Ausin and Round Rock/Georgetown) with future expansion to Belton and maybe others but in all honesty, I don't know how far the Connect Plus system will expand with it being EOL.

MCore25,

Wow, a very logical, well-written and accurate chronology of how the SMR turns, Central Texas style.
I applaud and thank you for documenting that and keeping it all together before it became even more convoluted.

MikeSATX brings up another topic.... the topsy-turvy stories of the other players.

~S~

According to a rumor I heard a few months ago, S&P is currently for sale...just a rumor I heard though.

It should also be noted, CTS sold customers in the Austin area onto the All Points system.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmm, wow, now that is about as clear as a wild twisted SOAP Opera &#65533;&#65533;

I couldn't see all those companies working together. The only way it works is if someone is acquiring and integrating those into a single system. Radio companies have been trying for 20 years to work together on building out large networks with sites owned by different owners.

If there were a consolidated system, I am sure there is probably a brand name that the players would be using---that would probably be the name you would want to use for the system, and then have the players information in the system notes.

Project25_MASTR

I couldn't see all those companies working together. The only way it works is if someone is acquiring and integrating those into a single system. Radio companies have been trying for 20 years to work together on building out large networks with sites owned by different owners.

If there were a consolidated system, I am sure there is probably a brand name that the players would be using---that would probably be the name you would want to use for the system, and then have the players information in the system notes.

You mean like PDV and their Connect Plus. Bearcom provides most of the sales/service but some other vendors sell on the system as well.

Essentially, 3rd party owned and all of the shops selling on it due to resources is the only practical way that I've seen everyone play nicely on those types of systems. Of course, with Connect Plus you are limited to Motorola subscribers.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
You mean like PDV and their Connect Plus. Bearcom provides most of the sales/service but some other vendors sell on the system as well.

Essentially, 3rd party owned and all of the shops selling on it due to resources is the only practical way that I've seen everyone play nicely on those types of systems. Of course, with Connect Plus you are limited to Motorola subscribers.

That's the only way it works. One company owning the network and everyone else selling on it. PDV has been selling a lot of 3G devices that look and feel like radios. They have stopped until they have availability of the 4G devices. I think that they have realized that the 900 ConPlus is losing way too much money for them and the cellular devices get the nationwide coverage.

Michael-SATX

All Points Communication system name then ?

OK gang, do I gather it's unanimous that this system should be named All Points Communication ?
Also in the system notes mention the players like Communication Professionals LTD (Bill Morgan) ?

MCore25 since you said this Connect + System 236 control point is All Points Communications
I will submit the needed changes to the RRDB, however being that this is a multi-city system.
I vote for calling it just All Points Communication (Connect Plus) an drop the "Of Austin" part right ?

Finally to stir the pot ... I wonder who would be a potential buyer for S & P Communications ?
S & P bought A B Communications right ? So would Industrial Communications byte on this chance
or would Dailey Wells be in a better financial position since they got the new SA/BC system contract ?

Project25_MASTR

OK gang, do I gather it's unanimous that this system should be named All Points Communication ?
Also in the system notes mention the players like Communication Professionals LTD (Bill Morgan) ?

MCore25 since you said this Connect + System 236 control point is All Points Communications
I will submit the needed changes to the RRDB, however being that this is a multi-city system.
I vote for calling it just All Points Communication (Connect Plus) an drop the "Of Austin" part right ?

Finally to stir the pot ... I wonder who would be a potential buyer for S & P Communications ?
S & P bought A B Communications right ? So would Industrial Communications byte on this chance
or would Dailey Wells be in a better financial position since they got the new SA/BC system contract ?

All Points Communications (Connect Plus) sounds good to me.

For potential buyers, I'd actually look at Cross Point or Bearcom being in a prime spot to purchase S&P. Both companies are highly competitive on GATRRS (which is growing) and S&P has been providing a lower cost alternative to Motorola subscribers on that system. Why beat them when you can just buy them out and end the alternate product competition?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
All Points Communications (Connect Plus) sounds good to me.

For potential buyers, I'd actually look at Cross Point or Bearcom being in a prime spot to purchase S&P. Both companies are highly competitive on GATRRS (which is growing) and S&P has been providing a lower cost alternative to Motorola subscribers on that system. Why beat them when you can just buy them out and end the alternate product competition?

GATRRS is almost 100% public safety and services. S&P is all business and school Buses from all my monitoring. S&P did Guadalupe County’s system, but I just don’t see much crossover actually happening.

Project25_MASTR

GATRRS is almost 100% public safety and services. S&P is all business and school Buses from all my monitoring. S&P did Guadalupe County&#8217;s system, but I just don&#8217;t see much crossover actually happening.

S&P sold all of the Kenwood subscribers to many of the smaller departments operating on the VHF portion of GATTRS in the central Texas area.

Status
Not open for further replies.