Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd2167

I currently have the Uniden Bearcat436hp & Whistler 1080 handheld scanners. I live on South Padre Island. I keep both units updated with firmware and database updates. Two days ago both my units have gone silent and show no signal. I've spoke to other friends who have the 436, which are new out of box and they are experiencing the same thing. Curious if changes were made to control channel 854.9125 or if the port isabel site is having a issue. Any information greatly appreciated.

pd2167

Learned the Port Isabel Site was condemned and taken down on Friday. On a backup system to a new location. No other information.

pd2167

Wondering If any local listeners have regained reception from the Port Isabel - South Padre Island area. I've heard a new tower location is being worked on and local agencies are on a old backup system via a dps tower out of Brownsville. Curious if and when any updates will be made available via radio reference. Thanks in advance.

starwtc

Made a trip to island today and the 854.9125 control channel is working. Noticed that signal strength is not as strong as it was. As far as old backup system I saw no evidence of that while doing a control channel search.

Status
Not open for further replies.