Texas DPS Numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
FYI, Texas DPS now has new numbering as of today. First number is the region, then a letter to indicate which district of the region, then three more digits. Example: 6B105 is a trooper assigned to the north Austin district for highway patrol.

nd5y

I noticed that this morning. I'm not exactly sure but it sounds like they added a letter after the first digit... like 6B105 was 6105 before.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
The letter is being added after the first digit, but the next three numbers are not remaining the same. In other words, 6316 is not necessarily going to become 6B316.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Noticed the change yesterday. As of tonight, DPS Houston was still having issues with MDCs/UIDs. My best guess is the new unit#s allow for more units in metro areas with more units patrolling the same area. IIRC, there was a similar situation early/mid 2000's.

Does take a little getting used to, but I'm sure it'll iron itself out in short time.

svfd455

Feed Provider
DPS Numbering

Some of the counties like ours have more troopers than the local numbering (ie 12 troopers not fitting in between 2720-2729).

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Feel free to add any known county DPS identifiers that you have heard.

LaSalle County (Cotulla) - 3 Edward 100's

svfd455

Feed Provider
I believe that the Burleson co are 2c5's (I know of 501-507 but have heard 550 not sure if its ours or brazos co. Washington county are 2c6's I've heard a few others but without paying attention to just that its hard to really make them out. They bounce around counties so much around here.

svfd455

Feed Provider
I believe that the Burleson co are 2c5's (I know of 501-507 but have heard 550 not sure if its ours or brazos co. Washington county are 2c6's I've heard a few others but without paying attention to just that its hard to really make them out. They bounce around counties so much around here.
my bad I believe Grimes co is the 2c6 and Washington is 2c4. These 2 counties seem to share troopers quiet a bit.

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
I'm been monitoring the DPS recently for a few days, and I've noticed the new unit number format. In fact, I'm monitoring DPS now, and I just heard Lufkin call 2B1201. I've noticed three- and four-digit numbers called after "2B."

svfd455

Feed Provider
I seem like I've heard a few of those but they come so fast I can't be sure they are 3 or 4 digit followings.

Uniden 966p2

O

Operator_error

1A905 Hunt County (A few Troopers in Hunt use the upper 900 series).
1B205 Fannin Co. (Trooper SANMAN)
K or KILO are still K9 designation.
There are a few 5 digit numeric NO Alpha call signs which I think are CVE units.

Status
Not open for further replies.