Hardin County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if there is anyone from the area, that monitors local Law, and if you have had radio silence for the last several days, if you happened to know what was going on? Before the slinger it was working, but the traffic was very choppy, and now nothing for days, except I’ve heard them a couple times, very shot, broke up transmissions, that barely came through. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if they are having issues with a site or what, dont have anyone to ask.

MaxxFire3

Premium Subscriber
Been in and out of the area for the past few weeks but haven't noticed anything like that, though we do experience long periods of "radio silence".
How is that SDS-100 handling the LSM problems with SETRRS?
Have you begun to see the cross-over to the new 700 system?

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Been in and out of the area for the past few weeks but haven't noticed anything like that, though we do experience long periods of "radio silence".

How is that SDS-100 handling the LSM problems with SETRRS?

Have you begun to see the cross-over to the new 700 system?

I did find out they moved to a new Tower, and updated the scanner and it works again. I have the SDS, and the HP-2 at home, and both are back up and running but the traffic is very choppy a lot of the times, on the SDS in the car, I’m very disappointed, its mostly radio silence, before they messed with the towers and it was doing really well. When i get into Beaumont, i dont pick up anything from Hardin County, but when in Beaumont i pick up Beaumont PD clear all the time there, compared to the setup Hardin County uses.

I haven’t heard anything about the 700mhz system????? Tell me more

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did find out they moved to a new Tower, and updated the scanner and it works again. I have the SDS, and the HP-2 at home, and both are back up and running but the traffic is very choppy a lot of the times, on the SDS in the car, I’m very disappointed, its mostly radio silence, before they messed with the towers and it was doing really well. When i get into Beaumont, i dont pick up anything from Hardin County, but when in Beaumont i pick up Beaumont PD clear all the time there, compared to the setup Hardin County uses.

I haven’t heard anything about the 700mhz system????? Tell me more

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro
Take a look at this license for Hardin County. These frequencies are not listed on a site for the P25 system right now, but that is likely the system they are intended for.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQWB932

You can always add another site for either your HP-2 or SDS100, using these frequencies on this system, and see what you hear. Right now, the database shows a site in Hardin County, but with only one frequency listed. That's likely incorrect.

MaxxFire3

Premium Subscriber
Look in the database, there are two SETRRS systems, the new one is a P-25 system with some talkgroups already active. Vidor, Orange County, Hardin County, Lumberton and Silsbee have talkgroups on this system...

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Great info, thanks so much, going to do some updating, appreciate the info. If anyone ever finds any new info, please pass along.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That one frequency from the Silsbee tower ties it into the SETRRS P-25 system
True. The point I was trying to make is that there would be other frequencies in use as voice channels. However, the details on that specific site do not link to an FCC license. I think the actual license may be location 8 on license WNVF965.

The 700MHz frequencies on the license above show to be at Sour Lake.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I updated my DB, and added the above info into my favorites list, and have heard both the Sheriff’s dept and Silsbee Police on the P25 System that I didn’t have on my scanner, and they seem so far very clear, while on the old where very choppy. So thanks so much for the info. I did also notice the 700mhz showing Sour Lake, interesting to see what happens.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I updated my DB, and added the above info into my favorites list, and have heard both the Sheriff’s dept and Silsbee Police on the P25 System that I didn’t have on my scanner, and they seem so far very clear, while on the old where very choppy. So thanks so much for the info. I did also notice the 700mhz showing Sour Lake, interesting to see what happens.
As you confirm usage, please submit to the database.

If you set up the 700MHz frequencies as a separate site, you might run 'System Status' under Analyze to see what site # it gives you, as well as the site NAC.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t done anything with the 700mhz stuff yet, I’d have to figure out how to add that stuff, I’m not that expert of a scanner programmer, i can do it from the DB, but as far as setting up as a different site, etc. I’d need some further help on that one. Never done that before.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I haven’t done anything with the 700mhz stuff yet, I’d have to figure out how to add that stuff, I’m not that expert of a scanner programmer, i can do it from the DB, but as far as setting up as a different site, etc. I’d need some further help on that one. Never done that before.
If you are using a Favorites list, not the "full database", then adding a site is easy in Sentinel's Favorites List Editor.

If you want step by step info, I can create a short how-to file with screen shots, or create you an *.hpe file to import.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If you dont mind doing an hpe. File i would greatly appreciate it, and if i can i’ll Put it into my sentinel programs for my HP-2 and SDS100

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If you are using a Favorites list, not the "full database", then adding a site is easy in Sentinel's Favorites List Editor.

If you want step by step info, I can create a short how-to file with screen shots, or create you an *.hpe file to import.

If you need my email let me know, wouldn’tmind the how to also, so I’ll know next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you need my email let me know, wouldn’tmind the how to also, so I’ll know next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Send me your email address via PM. I probably won't have time to create a file until Wednesday or Thursday, but if you pm your email, I do one & send it to you (attachments cannot be sent via PM, so email has to be used, or else a cloud drive).

MaxxFire3

Premium Subscriber
Still monitoring the talk groups popping up on the SETRRS P-25 system.
Still experiencing a lot of garbled or missed transmissions on both the 436 and the 651.
Still looking hard at the 100..

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
On the new P25 system, the 100 is pretty dang clear, Sheriffs Dept dispatch main channel is on it and so Silsbee come in very clear . Silsbee vfd has some P25 digital aswell now

Status
Not open for further replies.