GATRRS (West Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5PL

Permian basin regional interoperability network

Gomez Peak, Coates Ranch (Iraan), King Mountain (McCamey) and Glass Mountain have been transferred to the GATRRS (13E) core. The remaining sites exclusive of Pool Road and Troy Road (Odessa) will be absorbed into 13E 4Q 2018.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Someone did a lot of driving.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Kinda looked at it in RR. So when all are absorbed, does this system go "dead". Or does is work the same as before (same local talk groups etc), just extended out further? I guess in essence, PBRIN is completely removed from the database, and the two Odessa sites get wrapped up as a new TRS in the database.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
how do I load the King Mountain site in a TRX-2. I live in Upton co....
Use the Library import in EZ-Scan. That site is now linked in GATRRS. It's no longer part of the Permian Basin system. Based on the OP's comments, it appears that the rest of the sites on the Permian Basin system will also be moving. Be sure to get the latest library update for EZ-Scan (dated today) before proceeding with the import.

slayer7303

I looked at the ezscan after updateing it and it shows all but King Mountain so entered it manualy just not sure if I did it right...

nd5y

is there a program for the TRX-2 like my old pro 197 where I can see the site info, SSID sig strength and such?
Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems
I don't know if it will show signal strength but I think it shows everything else.
I don't know if the TRX scanners have built in analysis mode or not.

There is also http://www.unitrunker.com but I don't think the latest public version supports TRX scanners PC I/O output. It will work if you do a discriminator tap mod to the scanner.

Last edited:

KevinC

Super Moderator
ok so that's a NAC not the SSID...is the site up as of now, I've been listing for 2 days and cought no usage yet?

I doubt any agencies are using it yet. It may be weeks before anyone actually starts using it on a regular basis.

I'd look for testing and occasional transient traffic until then.

slayer7303

this is true I can still hear the local SO's on there analog and digital channels, I'm kind of curious to see who ends up using it.... The PBRPC system didn't get much use from any one but Odessa &Ector county

KE5PL

ok so that's a NAC not the SSID...is the site up as of now, I've been listing for 2 days and cought no usage yet?

Probably be awhile. No one to my knowledge has reprogrammed for 13E. As I indicated in an earlier post, TxDOT will be the big user.

KE5PL

A bit of trivia, all of the TGs changed, as there were multiple 1FB TGIDs that conflicted with existing 13E.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
this is true I can still hear the local SO's on there analog and digital channels, I'm kind of curious to see who ends up using it.... The PBRPC system didn't get much use from any one but Odessa &Ector county

You may not hear any of it anymore that way. For giggles, i decoded the Midland VHF Site. The only sites left it talks to are the northern sites. One site (dont remember which one) still shows but fails to link. Suppose the rest of it (VHF at least) will be moved as planned for Q4 this year (if I recall correctly). No idea if Odessa/Ector will even be heard on the exisitng sites once cutover is made.

KE5PL

You may not hear any of it anymore that way. For giggles, i decoded the Midland VHF Site. The only sites left it talks to are the northern sites. One site (dont remember which one) still shows but fails to link. Suppose the rest of it (VHF at least) will be moved as planned for Q4 this year (if I recall correctly). No idea if Odessa/Ector will even be heard on the exisitng sites once cutover is made.

The Midland, Gardendale and Notrees 800 sites are owned by the PBRPC, and will move to GATTRS.

KevinC

Super Moderator
It's pretty cool that you could conceivably talk from Fort Davis to Texarkana now.

Status
Not open for further replies.