SDS100/SDS200: “Starting Over” with the SDS 100

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Never experienced what you are saying with the G5. I do understand trunking and sites, etc etc. I’m not a newbie by any means. Just with the SDS 100.

Just a response to this, then I'll let you get back to trying one more time. The SDS can "site scan", which means "potentially" additional talkgroups can be monitored. Maybe Site-A picks up Police, and Site-B picks up fire as an example. In order to monitor this correctly on the G5, you would need two separate knob positions as it only allows one site per knob position. Where the SDS and x36hp excels, is you can put both Site-A and Site-B in one system, put both police and fire in the same system, and it will scan and check each site briefly for the active talkgrous you programmed (using ID Scan mode). For my purposes, it's a deal breaker as I use this feature on many of my Favorite Lists. You can assign a Quick Key to those sites, if you want to isolate your listening to police or fire. Just an explanation of what I was referring to.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Just a response to this, then I'll let you get back to trying one more time. The SDS can "site scan", which means "potentially" additional talkgroups can be monitored. Maybe Site-A picks up Police, and Site-B picks up fire as an example. In order to monitor this correctly on the G5, you would need two separate knob positions as it only allows one site per knob position. Where the SDS and x36hp excels, is you can put both Site-A and Site-B in one system, put both police and fire in the same system, and it will scan and check each site briefly for the active talkgrous you programmed (using ID Scan mode). For my purposes, it's a deal breaker as I use this feature on many of my Favorite Lists. You can assign a Quick Key to those sites, if you want to isolate your listening to police or fire. Just an explanation of what I was referring to.
Yes I do get what your saying. I do appreciate you help and patience!

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I might start over again just to clean up the mess of all the locked out ones, the temporary saved ones and the dupes I know I have.
Yes. And honestly I had forgotten about some PM’s I received with more tips and assistance. I probably won’t dive fully in till after the holidays!

Thanks!

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to take a minute once again to thank everyone for their help - and patience! My SDS 100 is behaving more like a regular radio! All the posts here and a couple of “key” PM’s seem to have done the trick!

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

if an admin wants to close this out, feel free to do so!