Premium Subscriber
RS Pro-2096
Cobra 148 GTL
Sirius Satellite Radio

Will be adding my Yaesu 7800-R soon..

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I love those mounts. I found one similar for CD players back when people would use a discman with a tape adapter, at Radio Shack. It supported 2 scanners fine for many years.

N4JNW

Sweet install.... I love it... Very clean & accessible...

Nice 148... I've owned 3... Worn 3 out...

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Antennas

NMO antenna for the 2096, had to mount it there because of the power moonroof, K40 for the Cobra 148..

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Nice! I have 8, or was it 9 antennas on my car? I lost count after five! I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle for longer than 3 hours that didn't have at least three permanently-mounted NMO antenna mounts on it. I said it a long time ago: I won't sacrifice performance for vanity, as the antenna makes the radio work properly. I have NEVER had one negative issue when I've sold or traded my cars with several antenna holes either plugged by rubber hole plugs, or just leaving the NMO mount in place and tossing an older whip on it.

Great job; your pics tell the story.....

Last edited:

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
K9WSS said:
Nice! I have 8, or was it 9 antennas on my car? I lost count after five! I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle for longer than 3 hours that didn't have at least three permanently-mounted NMO antenna mounts on it. I said it a long time ago: I won't sacrifice performance for vanity, as the antenna makes the radio work properly. I have NEVER had one negative issue when I've sold or traded my cars with several antenna holes either plugged by rubber hole plugs, or just leaving the NMO mount in place and tossing an older whip on it.

Great job; your pics tell the story.....

Thanks, I agree on the nmo mounts, I am a big fan of them, the last truck I owned I had 3 I think and when I traded it in I just took the whips off and left the base on each mount and had no problems..I had this truck 2 days before I drilled this mount, that antenna performs very well on VHF, UHF and 800..I have since added my Diamond 2m/440 for my Yaesu 7800 that I will mount in the truck when I get the Yaesu 8800 for my shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.