'03 Mazda Protege Spectra Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Howdy everyone,
This is my Install of a VHF Spectra A4 Dash mount that was converted to a remote Mount unit. I also took the big step and drilled a hole in my roof. The Dash unit was mounted to the roof of the trunk and then the control head cable was ran to the side, down to the trunk floor and then under the trunk carpet and under the rear seat, under the carpet on the Hump and then under my center console where i looped it up to the head unit. the head unit was mounted with a bracket the fit right between the seam and was screwed in place. The Speaker was mounted under the Drivers Seat to the far left side as will be shwon in one of the pictures below. When in installed my remote head, it obstructed my cigarette lighter adapter so i installed a new one on the other side of the steering wheel and it works well with my iPod RoadTrip.
P2030003.jpg

my pretty car before the Hole
P2030014.jpg

The Hole with an 800mhz cell antenna that made an awesome scan antenna for my 396, amazing VHF, UHF and 800 TRS.
P3020008.jpg

This the trunk mount, used sheet metal screws
P3020012.jpg

P3020014.jpg

the Control Heads was mounted on the console while outside of the car.
P3020017.jpg

P3020015.jpg

this is the speaker mount. i used velcro on the bracket and also on the bottom of the speaker. it sounds great even with the obstruction.
P3020013.jpg

The Cable was ran up through a cusotm cut hole on the top of a little storage place in the front.
P3020005.jpg

P3020004.jpg

And the final product. i couldnt be happier with the install. a huge thanks to KC0CAP for helping me do this and also to LitCom in Litchfield, MN for letting me use their install bay.
There are mroe pictures i tooka t work today, but i forgot my download cable, so i will post them in a couple of days when i finally make it home.
ask questions is you have them. i dont recall ever seening a mazda install, so i think this is a first in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.