06 Ford F-250

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarWizard

Well here's my humble attempt at a profesional looking install. The scanner is a BCT8, also there is a Sirius satellite radio, a Galaxy DX959, an external speaker for the scanner and right beside the satellite radio is an accessory plug for my in-dash dvd player. The screen folds out and up from the player.

Attachments

• Dash1.jpg
    Dash1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 6,205
  • Dash2.jpg
    Dash2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,894

WarWizard

Grog said:
Is there any possible way you can safely see the scanner display while driving?

Yes, I'm 6-3 so the drivers seat is a good distance back and gives me a good view.

WarWizard

R1VINCE said:
i wish i had your "dash realestate"--very nice install!

The "realestate" that you speak of is actually a Jotto Desk console that was made to replace the whole lower dash. It's the only way I would have had room for anything unless I wanted to start drilling a whole bunch of holes in the vehicle dash. It's custom fitted for the F-250 and uses the mounting holes that were already there from the lower dash. If I ever wanted to take it out (and I have no idea why I would lol) I could put the lower dash back in and it would look like there was never anything there.

WarWizard

1979lee said:
ahh sirius, you a howard fan, iam! nice setup
any antenna pics?

No, sorry, no antenna pics yet. I took the dash pics with a cell phone and as you can see they didn't turn out very well. As soon as I can remember where I put my digi cam I'll take more pics. And yes I do listen to Howard from time to time lol. Mostly keep it on 103, Blue collar comedy lol.

1979lee

WarWizard said:
No, sorry, no antenna pics yet. I took the dash pics with a cell phone and as you can see they didn't turn out very well. As soon as I can remember where I put my digi cam I'll take more pics. And yes I do listen to Howard from time to time lol. Mostly keep it on 103, Blue collar comedy lol.

You have a very nice install, sirius,
way better than am/fm radio, be anywhere in the lower 48 and hear sirius nice!
and howard, good show, not for the faint of hearts though....
best of luck with your setup

firetaz834

Very nice setup, I like that external plug for the DVD player. Give me an idea for my setup. Do, digital photography and wanted to incorporate a monitor to view my work when out in the field.

Like the setup, does give me lots of idea. That is why I like this site and what I can learn from reading what others have done. A way of seeing ideas that I may have and how they can incorporated to real world operations.

Once again, great professional looking install. I think the manufactures should be paying attention at what were doing her. GOOD JOB.....

Status
Not open for further replies.