1.11.20 Release Notes (11/14/2016) Adjusted digital filter to improve P25 reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I guess I'm in the minority. I can now FINALLY monitor the notoriously simulcast plagued MARRS system in KC using the new 1.11.20 firmware in the 536.

Thanks Uniden!

mitbr

I'm stuck with the 1.11.20 update. I don't know how to revert back to firmware before this one. People are saying they revert back, I've asked twice, but no one answers my question how to do it!

I've called customer service today, The Tech, Mariano, said I'm the first call about this issue. He has no answers, sending this up to corporate.

Oh boy! Where's Paul Opitz?

I'm a little puzzled by this post Dave....I answered your questions in post #12,#16 in post #19 you acknowledged my post in post #20 you
stated you were satisfied with the new firmware....so i think its a little unfair that you stated no one helped you.

Anyway I hope you get the help you need!
Tim

mitbr

I guess I'm in the minority. I can now FINALLY monitor the notoriously simulcast plagued MARRS system in KC using the new 1.11.20 firmware in the 536.

Thanks Uniden!

I agree with you ! My p25 system has improved 100% on the simulcast problems I was having.
Did have to do some tweaking though.
Tim

mancow

Database Admin
I agree with you ! My p25 system has improved 100% on the simulcast problems I was having.
Did have to do some tweaking though.
Tim

I had to set it manual level 8 and keep it NFM but it's actually working now.

ChrisABQ

People need to understand that there is no one standard. Systems are put together by multiple agencies for a multitude of situations. Weather, terrain, user experience, etc. are all factors in scanning. The positives of this update far outweighs the negatives and that's what I appreciate. Thanks Uniden.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
You can do the Threshold Mode, Threshold Level as well as the Modulation adjustment in the field.

While scanning, press Menu> Choose channel to be modified from the favorite list> Choose edit system> Choose system> Edit System> Choose system > edit site> to Threshold Mode > change from auto to manual > back out next verify Level> Choose 8. Backout>

Change Modulation; Scanning choose Department Key> Choose Channel key > Press Function toggle channel key to NFM. > Use selector knob to toggle to each channel in the system > Blackout.

Hope I didn't miss a step, but this will get you on the correct path.
Thank you. So basically I have to do that to every site I have programmed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little puzzled by this post Dave....I answered your questions in post #12,#16 in post #19 you acknowledged my post in post #20 you
stated you were satisfied with the new firmware....so i think its a little unfair that you stated no one helped you.

Anyway I hope you get the help you need!
Tim

Somehow I missed post #16, it couldn't have been more clear than that.

Tim, sorry if I'm letting my frustrations getting carried away with emotions. Yes, you did help me, I said the improvements were better and the performance of the scanners were better than ever, Than yesterday morning the performance dimishished, Checked all the settings and found they haven't changed since my settings. Very depressed.

My knowledge of the computer is limited, and I'm not a Tecky so I really don't understand how and why these changes effect the scanner. All I know is that they seem to change the performance.

Called Uniden yesterday afternoon and brought attention to this thread, reportedly to be sent to corporate for consideration.

My last ditch effort is to reverse the firmware update. Made some progress with that, Budevans sent the procedure and I followed the steps up to a point. Pro92b sent http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_17.zip. I found that in explorer, opened the files for firmware, found two files dated 2013, now this brought about a new question, do I leave those 2013 files in tack and add this http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_17.zip, or do I remove the original zips and leave the newly added?

Tim, I really apologize if I offended you, that wasn't my intentions. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you to all.

Last edited:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
If you want the last firmware for the 536hp .17 here it is before the beta!

Here is how to install it...
1) Download and unzip
2) Connect your scanner to your PC and select Mass Storage mode.
3) Copy the appropriate firmware payload file into the "firmware" folder on your scanner.
4) Disconnect the USB cable. The firmware update should be applied.
Once you extract the file below follow the above instructions
Save the file on your hard drive for future use.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format...nfo.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_17.zip

Tim,

Well I guess it's not to late in life to learn new tricks! I was able to revert back to http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_17.zip firmware on my 536's. I've learned my lesson, this old man will not make any further firmware updates unless I hear positive feedback from the members here on RR.

Scanners are back to normal.

Thanks again!

mancow

Database Admin
Tim,

Well I guess it's not to late in life to learn new tricks! I was able to revert back to http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_17.zip firmware on my 536's. I've learned my lesson, this old man will not make any further firmware updates unless I hear positive feedback from the members here on RR.

Scanners are back to normal.

Thanks again!

Why would you avoid future updates? It only takes a few moments to change them. It's literally one of the the easiest consumer devices to update. You might miss out on something good. I'm glad I tried 1.11.20. I can now use the radio again. Prior to it I got 0% decode on the system I wanted to hear. It's nearly perfect now.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Why would you avoid future updates? It only takes a few moments to change them. It's literally one of the the easiest consumer devices to update. You might miss out on something good. I'm glad I tried 1.11.20. I can now use the radio again. Prior to it I got 0% decode on the system I wanted to hear. It's nearly perfect now.

As stated "will not make any further firmware updates unless I hear positive feedback from the members here on RR".

mancow

Database Admin
As stated "will not make any further firmware updates unless I hear positive feedback from the members here on RR".

That's the problem with simulcast. For some it might be great. Unfortunately, for others such as yourself it might be worse. Had I listened to the majority in the .20 discussions I would have thought it was going to be a train wreck but it changed mine dramatically for the better. Anyway, I hope you get it all settled out and fixed up the way you want it someday. I know how frustrating it can be.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
That's the problem with simulcast. For some it might be great. Unfortunately, for others such as yourself it might be worse. Had I listened to the majority in the .20 discussions I would have thought it was going to be a train wreck but it changed mine dramatically for the better. Anyway, I hope you get it all settled out and fixed up the way you want it someday. I know how frustrating it can be.

Thanks so much! I'm back to where I was three days ago (and even better). Being able to revert back to the previous firmware was a great deal off my mind. Never would have guessed that could be done. Than learning how to tweak the Threshold Mode and Modulation settings.

Everything is great!

bearcat

Thanks Uniden!
I guess I am also. I am getting decode on 99% of DMR simplex. I am getting 99% decode when monitoring the DMR repeater input freqs. Prior to this firmware I was getting at best 5% decode on them. The audio on the local trunked DMR system is better (although I never really thought it was bad). I am more than pleased with the progress made with this firmware.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I thought I would add my .02 and say that I am satisfied. After completing the update, I am not convinced that the audio is any better... but it does sound great. But then again, in my case, it sounded pretty good before the update.
;
I monitor a ProVoice (Harrisonburg/ Rockingham, VA) and a VHF P25 system (Virginia STARS).

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
UPMAN, the update did improve reception for the P25 system here in southern Ontario, with the exception of the one Harris P25 system in Durham Region. I have to set it to manual 5 for it to track, but it is still off for perfect tracking. If I could set it to 4 or even 3, it probably would be almost perfect.

ChrisABQ

I just want to add that on the Albuquerque Edacs digital Provoice system, there are increased instances of control channel bursts on audio after the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.