$1.99 Scanner Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrr2145

Sometimes it pays to go shopping with your daughter. Here is a small display stand, $1.99 at Jo-Anne Fabrics craft store. Meant to hold up collector's plates, etc. Works perfect for my PSR-500, and I suspect many other scanners as well. Comes in silver or gold, but you can paint any color. Comes in a larger size as well. Just turn it upside down and hook the scanner clip over the lip. Here you go:

jb872033

NICE!!!! never thought of that...and i have a few of those things floatin around...im gonna dig them out now...

JB

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Good idea. I'm sure you could get those at Wal-Mart, Target, etc as well. You just never looked for them before...I don't think may of us here go out looking for plate stands. :lol:

JESSERABBIT

Raven95150 said:
Good idea. I'm sure you could get those at Wal-Mart, Target, etc as well. You just never looked for them before...I don't think may of us here go out looking for plate stands. :lol:

I never knew what a plate stand was until it was mentioned here. I will have to omit Wal-Mart from my list unless there are no alternatives available within 50 miles from my residence. Thanks for the suggestions.

raisindot

rfrr2145 said:
Sometimes it pays to go shopping with your daughter. Here is a small display stand, $1.99 at Jo-Anne Fabrics craft store. Meant to hold up collector's plates, etc. Works perfect for my PSR-500, and I suspect many other scanners as well. Comes in silver or gold, but you can paint any color. Comes in a larger size as well. Just turn it upside down and hook the scanner clip over the lip. Here you go:

Wow! A PSR500 accessory that doesn't cost $20 or more? It's a miracle!!!!!!!

Suzie

iabowhunter

raisindot said:
Wow! A PSR500 accessory that doesn't cost $20 or more? It's a miracle!!!!!!!

Suzie

LOL! I agree!

Thanks for the tip rfrr2145! I would of never thought of that. I'm going to go get one.

Phil

rfrr2145

Howdy:

For those of you who can't find a retailer nearby, here is the importer's info:

Tripar International
20 Presidential Drive
Roselle, Il

630-980-5100

The item/stock# is 23-1233 "Small Display Stand for 4" to 7" Items"

fredg

Premium Subscriber
I picked one up today at Hobby Lobby. Works great!!! My PSR-100 was always acting like it would fall over as it was top heavy, now it is nice and secure. Oh and I paid $3.67!! I had a gold one at first and it was marked $2.99, switched it for a silver one and didn't notice the price until after I paid, didn't want to bother for .68 cents so I just kept the silver one.

And it easily adjusts to work with my larger Pro-75!

Attachments

• psr100.JPG
    psr100.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 773
  • pro75.JPG
    pro75.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:

N1BHH

My hand held radio stands are coffee mugs. I don't drink coffee or use them for anything else except the storage of pens, pencils and duck antennas. Got to get more now that I think of it.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
Cool!! Flipped it and tweaked it and made a super stable stand for my Pro-83!! Note how the Pro-83 is hanging on the inside which brings the "legs" of the stand along side of it.

I think I can figure out how to mount this in my car for a nice mount! Works better flipped this way for the larger scanner as well, takes a little tweaking but it works well. Either way works, but I like this orientation better...

Attachments

• pro83.JPG
    pro83.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 815
  • psr100-2.JPG
    psr100-2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:

raisindot

Look at this alternative...

Well, we wouldn't be scanner geeks if we weren't all trying to one-up each other on cheap accessories, would we?

Anyway, after going to my local Joanne Fabrics (imagine how lucky I am to have both Scannermaster and a Joanne Fabrics located less than a half mile away from me! I must be in Heaven!), I looked at the first stand and then found something I liked even more--the (drumroll) Small Adjustable Easel. Nice thing about this is that the PSR perches on the plastic holder, rather than the table, AND, it's adjustable! Woo hoo! For the same low, low $1.99 you'd pay for the other. Unfortunately, it's not that beautiful gold color of the plate stand, so you might have to sacrifice aesthetics for functionality...

Attachments

• psronstand.jpg
    psronstand.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 644
  • psronstandup.jpg
    psronstandup.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 635
  • holder.jpg
    holder.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:

StaticLine

Sweeet!The wife had one within arms reach.She was real happy I didn't need to buy more scanner stuff.Works great.I may have to come up with some way to make the bottom slip proof.Of course she had a repy that involved my bottom but we won't go there.

JESSERABBIT

As luck would have it, my wife and I went out of town (30miles) to dinner last night. She indicated that we would be going by, of all things to JoAnns prior to eating. I asked the clerk and she showed me where the plate holders were located. I bought 3 small ones and 3 large ones. Had to do some bending so they hold the Pro-96 and Pro-97 perfectly with the small ones. I took an old mouse pad, turned it over, and scotch taped it to the computer desk out of the way, then scotch taped the small hangers to the mouspad. Not the best looking setup, but it works like a champ. Will now have to work on another more secure setup for the top cover of the center console in the truck. I guess Joanns will be wondering why there is a run on those hangers now. Thanks to all for the sugesstions.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
just a heads up. I do not believe that WalMart or Target carry these at all. I had looked for them before for a completely different project. The likely suspects did not have them. Have to go craft store.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Oooh ok, those are nice, but I think I got you beat! The $1.00 scanner stand, and it holds pretty much all of my gear:D No "shack" for me yet, but were moving to a bigger place this summer so no worry, but here we go......

cheap-o orange wire basket that easily holds on their beltclips my PSR-300, Uniden SC150B, and between them there is my Sony S10MK2 AM/FM pocket radio. In front of that is my Sony 7600GR Shortwave set. In front of that rests my C.Crane pillow speaker and the clip-on reel antanna for the 7600GR. I'm a big fan of binder-clips for MacGuyver'ing things, and put them to good use by clipping a note-pad and pen to the left side of the basket and a 4ft length of speaker-cord with 'gator clips soldered on is cliped on the front. This is for connecting the whip on the 7600 to random-wire antannaes and whatnot. There is enough room under the scanners (they clip on the back, not sit on the bottom) to store the power cords for both scanners, a jewelbox with 6 AA batteries and a loaded 4-cell AA insert for the GRE, and the stock GRE rubber duckie. Finally, clipped to the back is a small LED light that has soft-close hinges to lightly illuminate the whole lot. There is also just enough room to hold my Sennheiser headphones in front of the Sony when I'm not using anything. There is also a very heavy geode at the bottom held in with some electrical tape to keep it all "bottom heavy" so there is no tipping over. It will usually sit on the stereo speaker next to my chair in the living room, and best if I am relaxing on the made bed, it will sit just fine without tipping no matter how much I shuffle or move on the bed. When I travel an hour to the beach house, the whole thing goes with me and sits on the floor of the backseat of my car. The only thing I do is to binder-clip the Diamond antanna on the GRE to the side of the basket so that it doesnt get bent by rubbing on the back of the driver's seat. So, I'm getting maximum utility!:D Maybe $500-$600 worth of gear all placed very conveiniently for use, storage, or transport in a $1 carry-all solution!:cool: SHOW ME any scanner -stand that will stay upright in bed! :)

note: in actual use, the shortwave is normally in its vinyl case and angled "lower" so that the face of both scanners can be read and buttons pressed without problem. Also the power cords neatly pass through the grates of the basket. I love this little thing!

This contraption was bought at Family Dollar. ;)

Last edited:

StaticLine

Dan,if you keep adding stuff on you might need a wheelbarrow!!!lol.You have a good collecton there.To make the wire stand non slip and non scratch I found an old piece of tube off a slingshot to cover the wire.So far no slipping on my desk.Now,, how to explain to Junior what happened to his slingshot bands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.