1 bcd996xt - 2 software applications ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Hi all,
I'd like to run Proscan off of the front serial port for feeding & recording audio. I'd like to run Pro96com off of the rear serial port. (I understand the rear port needs a null modem cable). Here are my questions:

(1) Are both serial ports on the bcd996xt live at the same time (I assume so) such that I can access both simultaneously from my computer.? (clearly through different com port assignments)

(2) Will Windows allow me to run the audio in through the computer's on-board line-in and then make it accessible to both programs, or is that a situation where one application will get exclusive use and not allow it to be shared with the other. If so, is there a work-around that anyone's come up with?

I'm trying to free up space AND a scanner.

* Edit: Currently using a laptop , Windows x64. Moving to a desktop computer IS an option (to allow 2 separate audio inputs via 2 audio cards)

thanks

Last edited:

blacktop

Feed Provider
Yes, that was a stupidly worded question, no wonder nobody answered...I don`t need audio for Pro96com, I am actually going to run a 3rd program that time-stamps each individual radio transmission. Proscan will give you the start time & the end time of a series of transmissions, but not the individual radio transmission time stamps (I don`t believe, unless I haven`t found it). I`d like the audio to be made available to both Proscan and to the Audio Recording app with timestamp. I`ve got my answer on the com ports.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Audio works fine

And the audio is shared just fine. So I can now access all 3 applications remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.