1 hr and ten hr fuels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I did some walking around the county today and I noticed the 1 hr and ten hr fuels are starting cure. I would say with the warm weather and the way the wind blows wildland fire activity will start picking up. I will be doing some checking to find out when devils head fire lookout will be up. In the past week there were some small brush fires in Jeffco, Douglas, And Denver counties. My scanner is set up with all state and federal wildland fire frequencies within the state. From Castle Rock i have been able to pick Fort Collins BLM no problem at all. I am using a Pro-197 scanner with a Discone antenna my scanner can be found here: Castle Rock Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
:confused:
smiley-confused005.gif

I use to be a firefighter explorer. Are you referring to the types of vegetation and their burning periods?

Last edited:

kc0kp

:confused:
smiley-confused005.gif

I use to be a firefighter explorer. Are you referring to the types of vegetation and their burning periods?

One hour and ten hour fuels are models used to predict the susceptability and spread of wild land fire. One hour fuels are less than a quarter inch in diameter and dry out very quickly when temperatures rise and moisture lowers. They model the ability of the fuels to ignite. Ten hour fuels are more than a 1/4 but less than 1 inch in diameter. They model the intensity at which they will burn. They take much longer to dry out.
To have them both dry out you have more probability hot, fast spreading fires.
Google Nelson Model for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.