1 week with PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've had my PSR-500 for a week now and am really happy with it. The first night I had it, the weather was bad and the Sedgwick Co. system was offline. So after we started making noise again, I started editing the file for my listening habits. 11 edits later, we have a winner. It's posted on the PSR-500 yahoo group, to anyone who wants it. (Sedgwick Co. Kansas)

I sold my Pro-96 to help finance the purchase, and missed my 96 the whole time I was with out a digital unit. Last week I thought about selling my Pro-164 (my workhorse scanner) to the same guy who bought my 96, it happened this morning. I told him a was probably rushing home to order a PSR-300, but, I like my 500 so much, I don't think I will now. The 500 is a fine scanner, wish they would rubberize one for me!

It has great ears, and the digital decode smokes my old 96, I thought is was supposed to sound like a hollow cave or empty barrel, I didn't know digital could be so clear on the right scanner. Once it's loaded up, just turn scan lists on and off, just like turning on/off banks on regular scanner. Everything is an object, you put objects in scan lists and turn it on. I use Win500, a bit of a learning curve, but a great program, coupled with RR database, you can't go wrong.
It's a high dollar scanner, but It'w well worth the money. I also bought the ballistic nylon carry case and will now carry this digital around like I did my Pro-164. I'm not rich and this was a lot of money for a scanner, I have no regrets or "buyers remorse" what so ever. I would recommend it to anyone.
Later - Gadget

bchappuie

I'm with ya there gadget. UPS man dropped mine off Thursday, and after about 6 or 7 uploads, downloads, I think I got all the programming I need. This is the first purchase in at least 10 years, and my main purpose was to be able to cover Johnson County, this summer when everyone moves to the new 700MHZ P-25 system, and I have now discovered what I have been missing with the KS statewide system. Took a little getting the programming down, but seems pretty easy with the ARC-500 software.

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
Got mine on Friday, and it took quite awhile to figure out how to make a scanlist. Figured it out .Now that's pretty simple, but still working on the Global settings.

scnnr

Well, I've had my PSR-500 for a week now and am really happy with it. The first night I had it, the weather was bad and the Sedgwick Co. system was offline. So after we started making noise again, I started editing the file for my listening habits. 11 edits later, we have a winner. It's posted on the PSR-500 yahoo group, to anyone who wants it. (Sedgwick Co. Kansas)

Gadget I belong to that group and was going to take a look at your file but there does not seem to be a file in that folder.

FrequenC

Your good review is good news

Just bought a PSR 500 and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Your right it is big dollars for me as well. I am encouraged by your glowing review and hope to post the same for my experience. I must admit I wanted a PSR-600 but they have been out of stock at my online dealer. I found a PSR-500 in stock and thought I would take the hand held plunge. If it is half of what you say I will very happy. Thanks to all on this Forum for sharing your experience and scanner knowledge.

Greetings from the Unemployment Capital of the World
The State of Michigan

Mr. Lee
Thank you Ms. Granholm for destroying our state economy

Last edited:

Northerner71

Psr 500

I have had mine for a year now and love it. It is nice to when my LED comes on, my wife hates the scanner but I can keep it turned down and when my LED comes on and it is Blue I know I am in for good listening. I have not had a single problem with it and I am even thinking of getting another one.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
I have scanners running in my house Day & night, and my new PSR-500 set right on my headboard at night. Because I like the LED's and Alerts the 500 offers, I use them while I'm awake, I made another edit of my setup with all the lights turned off for night scanning, and saved it to a V-Scanner folder.
I'm still very happy with this scanner, and I'm currently taming the Icalls.

scnnr

I have had mine for a year now and love it. It is nice to when my LED comes on, my wife hates the scanner but I can keep it turned down and when my LED comes on and it is Blue I know I am in for good listening. I have not had a single problem with it and I am even thinking of getting another one.

LOL :p Yea and the scanner will not be the only thing the wife hates if you buy another one. You might be the one that is flashing blue.

All kidding aside. I have had mine now since Oct along with a psr -300 and love both of them. Great scanners. My old Pro 96 is out on load now .

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
The guy I sold my Pro-96 to, texted my phone about an hour after he bought it and said his "wife wasn't impressed". About 3 days later, he texted me again and wanted to buy my Pro-164, because his wife had taken over possession of the Pro-96. I told him there were as many women listening as men, it's just the men who want to play with the programming. He agrees completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.