$10 A Gallon Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

If this does happen, theres no way people can afford that, I know I cant at $8/hr, but if if you are rich, think about it $10 a gallon??

Why cant the Gas makers have a heart and give us a break??

Id quit my job if the price went that high

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Shortwavewave said:
Why cant the Gas makers have a heart and give us a break??
Because our Government seems to like things just the way they are. We do not have to rely on foreign oil.

NeFire242

I'm really surprised tank trucks and stuff haven't started being hijacked or anything already.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
NeFire242 said:
I'm really surprised tank trucks and stuff haven't started being hijacked or anything already.

They have been circleing the national mall in DC blaring horns all day in protest.:D

If Bush wasnt listening to "Bert and Ernie's Christmas Album" on his iPod, he would hear it clear as day.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Why cant the Gas makers have a heart and give us a break??"

"Never give a sucker an even break."
W.C. Fields

"if gas goes that high, ill be gettin myself a bus pass"

The price of Diesel exceeds that of gasoline and you know what that means, something about a bus passing gas.

I leave you with this thought;
"Because our Government seems to like things just the way they are."

Duzya tink da gubmint is run bah poah folk laak us dare Goober?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
GreatLakes said:
It doesn't have to happen. We have our own oil, and plenty of it!

You obviously have no clue how this works. It's not that simple. For a start, Have a read..

Last edited:

af5rn

scannerfreak said:
You obviously have no clue how this works. It's not that simple. For a start, Have a read..
Bad link. But you are correct anyhow.

Let's see...

* Use up their resources over the next thirty years, giving us time to develop energy alternatives and independence, while leaving us with our strategic reserves intact for long term stability, or...

* Use up our strategic reserves over the next thirty years, leaving us squat, and at the mercy of the OPEC for all eternity.

Wow... what a difficult choice!

News flash: oil is a limited, non-renewable resource in demand by the entire world. Consequently, it is expensive. Simple supply and demand. Deal with it or change your consumption habits. If it wasn't for all you ignorant, whiney liberals, we could actually TAKE the Iraqi oil that we are not taking, despite your continued assertions that the war was about oil.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
scannerfreak said:
Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? We have our own oil, lots of it. If our Government wanted to change things all we need to do is start building more refineries.

If oil truly was in short supply, we would be seeing mandated rationing, and realistic alternatives to oil, and gasoline. They're just playing with us.

mikepdx

af5rn said:
If it wasn't for all you ignorant, whiney liberals, we could actually TAKE the Iraqi oil that we are not taking...
You can bet if the Russians or the Red Chinese were in our place in Iraq,
they would have been sending home every last drop from day one.

Last edited:

EJB

I love when you complain about the free market, the western religion if you will.

GreatLakes said:
Because our Government seems to like things just the way they are. We do not have to rely on foreign oil.
You got it, oil profits are up from what I heard on the radio today, BP, Shell, Petro canada. Lemme add a link.
More fuel for the fire that our governments dont give a sh*t about you as long as their is profits to be made.

A lot of us are gonna have to realize that the free-market being what it is most of us will not be able to afford to drive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/apr/29/businessqandas.royaldutchshell

Last edited:

Go-24

EJB said:
You got it, oil profits are up from what I heard on the radio today, BP, Shell, Petro canada. Lemme add a link.
More fuel for the fire that our governments dont give a sh*t about you as long as their is profits to be made.

A lot of us are gonna have to realize that the free-market being what it is most of us will not be able to afford to drive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/apr/29/businessqandas.royaldutchshell
Yes most are up ~30% over last year, one company is up as much as ~60% over last year.

As for people not driving - lol.

If you have to go somewhere you are going to go no matter what it cost. Right now I would guess some people arent doing much better than breaking even - commuting back and forth to a low wage job to support their families the best they can. Do they just quit driving to work and let their families starve or do they pay the $5-10 a gallon gas and try to make things work? Sure some might just say screw it, I say the majority are going to continue to payup.

The government has stepped in to fix prices the market before - they need to set cap price of $60 a barrel - a $600 check isn't going to stimulate anyone!

EJB

Go-24 said:
Yes most are up ~30% over last year, one company is up as much as ~60% over last year.

As for people not driving - lol.

If you have to go somewhere you are going to go no matter what it cost. Right now I would guess some people arent doing much better than breaking even - commuting back and forth to a low wage job to support their families the best they can. Do they just quit driving to work and let their families starve or do they pay the $5-10 a gallon gas and try to make things work? Sure some might just say screw it, I say the majority are going to continue to payup.

The government has stepped in to fix prices the market before - they need to set cap price of $60 a barrel - a $600 check isn't going to stimulate anyone!
Why would they cap anything.
It goes against everything in capitalism to put a cap on their friends.
Again, your government does not care about you, they care about making multi-national corporations $ & they care about collecting taxes on your backs.

Believe me I know the price is too high, i commute about 70 miles a day (back & forth) and the price to fill up my tank went up from about 55 bucks to 75 recently.

Eventually the freemarket will correct it, someone will build a car that uses fuels that are cheaper, or develop fuels that are cheap or easy to make.

Or quite frankly, transit companies either private companies or municipalties might finally build networks of transit that make it easier and affordable to get around

The notion of life where we drive long ways to work in private cars is quite possibly going to die in our lifetime, besides, most of the work these days is either computerized or automated.

Status
Not open for further replies.