10 code help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny517

hello i really dont think its the 10 codes im looking for, im not sure what there called but its the idas ie ida sam ida victor ida tom and so on this is for the state of delaware thanks if someone can point me in the right direction

shajen

hello i really dont think its the 10 codes im looking for, im not sure what there called but its the idas ie ida sam ida victor ida tom and so on this is for the state of delaware thanks if someone can point me in the right direction
There are 26 letters in the alphabet. And each letter has it's own designation. From A for Adam to Z for Zebra. B for Boy. C for Charles. D for David. So on and so forth. Just keep listening and you will easily remember the designations in no time at all.

johnny517

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. And each letter has it's own designation. From A for Adam to Z for Zebra. B for Boy. C for Charles. D for David. So on and so forth. Just keep listening and you will easily remember the designations in no time at all.
hello thank you for youre im really try to find out what they mean like for instance i heard an ida tom but did not hear the whole message so just trying to find what each one means thank you if you can help me

n1das

It's the Phonetic Alphabet, frequently used on the air so there's no misunderstanding of individual letters which sound alike. When audio is muffled or distorted due to bad audio or noisy due to weak signal conditions, individual letters often do sound very much alike.

On Amateur Radio, my own callsign (N1DAS) sometimes gets misinterpreted as N1BAF instead of N1DAS even after I was very careful to say it clearly. "November One Delta Alpha Sierra" is how I clear it up.

In Nashua, NH, we have a Pine Street and a Vine Street, both in the Tree Streets neighborhood near the downtown area. P and V sound very much alike on the air. Nashua PD is in the habit of always referring to these two streets as "P Paul Pine street" and "V Victor Vine street" when dispatching calls to these streets. They probably learned this from experience after being sent to the wrong street on an emergency call.

Last edited:

johnny517

hello im looking for what the meaning for each letter for the phonetic code for the state of delaware for instance i didnt hear the whole message but ida tom was in there looking if possible for a print out of what each letter actually means ida tom ida charle ida david and so on thank you if any one can help me with this

u2brent

OAMPT
could be a unit designation..
example:

Adam - Chief/Officer in Charge/Lieutenant
Boy - Bicycle Patrol
David - Detective
Frank - Foot Patrol
George - Animal Control
King - Canine
Mary - Specialized Unit
Paul - Patrol Officer/Patrol Car
Paul/Robert - Park Rangers
Sam - Sergeant/Supervisor/Sheriff
Tom - Traffic Control & Enforcement
X-Ray - Motorcycle

baydog

Could you be hearing the DSP unit identifiers?
Like 72 Frank, which would be the Troop 7, Sector 2, Frank shift unit.

majoco

Stirrer
There have been a few varieties of phonetic alphabets - Able Baker Charlie was used in WW2 but at last the ITU gathered everyone together to get the current alphabet because not every national language has the same pronunciation of a particular word. Hence not only did the ITU pick on the word, but they also decided on the way it should be pronounced and which syllable should be emphasised - some even sounding strange to English speakers but at least they can be spoken by all other languages.

However, I noticed that at the bottom of the page of my Postmaster Generals Handbook for Radio Operators it says " Stations of the same country.....may use any other table recognised by their administration."

shajen

hello im looking for what the meaning for each letter for the phonetic code for the state of delaware for instance i didnt hear the whole message but ida tom was in there looking if possible for a print out of what each letter actually means ida tom ida charle ida david and so on thank you if any one can help me with this
This is Delaware code only. Ida Tom: Malicious Mischief. Ida Charlie: Trespasser inside. Ida David: Shoplifting. There are 45 Delaware State Complaint Codes. I have the complete list. I could send it to you.

johnny517

This is Delaware code only. Ida Tom: Malicious Mischief. Ida Charlie: Trespasser inside. Ida David: Shoplifting. There are 45 Delaware State Complaint Codes. I have the complete list. I could send it to you.
yes thank you could you send me the list thats exactly what im looking for the delaware idas thanks again

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
The wiki section has all of the 10-codes for the State of Delaware, and I remember that the Philadelphia Area Communications Guide had a great listing of all of the 10-codes, complaint codes, and public safety codes for the state of Delaware. I just need to remember where I found that on the internet.

baydog

The wiki section has all of the 10-codes for the State of Delaware, and I remember that the Philadelphia Area Communications Guide had a great listing of all of the 10-codes, complaint codes, and public safety codes for the state of Delaware. I just need to remember where I found that on the internet.
Check your mail re Delaware scanning info.

ecps92

Philly Scanner Guide is no longer out there, well retired
The yahoo group is still alive

duke018

Premium Subscriber
The terms he is refering to are old service codes that were abandoned 20 years ago but some old salts still occasionally use them.
Robbery was IDA FRANK
Burglary was IDA SAM

Status
Not open for further replies.