10 Meter band open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Band was good until dark. Hope it is the start of a long opportunity. Heard an experienced old timer say it was the best in decades.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Here in Central Florida 29.620 repeater in the Catskills was heard. Apparently some German station was also able to work the repeater.

air-scan

Sounds like potent Sporadic E, ES. Not really solar influenced because 10.7cm flux been a roller coaster. Was 86sfu then dipped to 72sfu. Solar influenced openings would be more of a all day affair sun up to sun down. Yesterday's ES at my location had 3 peak times with quiet times throughout the day. Primarily early to mid-morning, early noon, and evening to sunset then went quiet.

I observed cancellation at the equator observing SDO AIA HMI Magnetogram watching north and south polarities annihilate each other as opposed to solar minimum I observed North hemisphere south polarity eats north polarity the opposite for south hemisphere. As the solar equatorial cancellation process continues I have been observing slow more steady emergence at mid latitudes. This includes emergence of Polar Crown Filament at 55 or so degrees in a hedgerow oriented in a east to west latitudinal direction.

I assume this current Earth facing side of the sun might be the 1/4th of sun that might start the hemispheric longitudinal growth in sunspot emergence but don't quote me on it. It might be a solar global event.

Last edited:

PlayinMySkip

I use a Moonraker 4 with a Navajo TRC458 for 11 meter.....otherwise using ICOM 7851 with a Steppir/wire dipole for 3-28. The Moonraker is at rooftop so not to interfere with my Steppir

TexTAC

10 meters is open again today! Just made a few contacts to Florida from Texas. I noticed on my 991A I had to change the receive preamp from IPO to AMP1/2 in order to hear anything on this band, but once I did, I am able to hear much more activity.

TexTAC

10m SSB is strong right now with Worldwide DX Contesters. Contacted Costa Rica, Curaçao, Brazil, and Dominican Republic from Texas in the past few minutes and I’m only a quarter way through the band so far. 20m and 40m is a major pileup this weekend.

TexTAC

Yeah, I added Puerto Rico and Madeira Island and made 3 more contacts to Brazil and one more to Costa Rica since my last post! The lower band is busy from 28.3000 to about 28.6000. Been a fun weekend.

Edited to add : Just added Hawaii which I haven’t ever been able to reach and got him on first try! Here’s a few recent ones …

KH7M 28.46130 (Hawaii)
ZY2A 28.333 (Brazil)
KP4AA 28.3125 (Puerto Rico)
CT9ABY 28.5977 (Madeira Island)
TI0RC 28.50750 (Costa Rica)
PJ2T 28.4340 (Curaçao)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.