10 meter contest 12-10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprite1741

The ARRL 10 meter contest is this weekend. CW/SSB, The band has had spotty openings all week so people need to get on the air to make it happen. Turn on your radio, but stick around as it opens suddenly and can close just as fast. Monitor and spin the dial looking for signals as often as you can The band can seem closed, then suddenly spring to life. Participants will be looking for you, so even if you don't contest it's a chance to make some 10 meter contacts at the lower part of the sunspot cycle. Call CQ as well. Need lots of callers. Listen to 28.2, to 28.3 for distant beacons, then you know for sure the band is open somewhere. The exchange is simple, RST / state or province, DX will give RST /serial number and any MM will give RST/region.

k9rzz

The band was open to California before the sun went down but then PFFFT!

Managed a few TX and NM stations very weak on CW, and FY5KE.

ALso a couple locals.

Should pick up after sunrise tomorrow.

sprite1741

Cw is doing good just not a lot of stations on. Propagation is not too bad. Dark here and still hearing signals.

Attachments

• 10meter.jpg
    10meter.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 457

KE0GXN

Band has been booming all day! Tons of stations calling CQ. Logged over 30 in just a couple of hours of chasing including a DX into Uruguay!

If I didn't have to work today I could easily stay on 10 meters all day. Get on the air and have fun guys!

73 and good luck!

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I'm just listening to an Oregon station booming in right now.. It's amazing how contests improve 10 meter propagation :) :)

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I did not have much time to enjoy the contest this year. I picked up Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina from 22:02 - 22:06 GMT and had to move on to other things.

I did spin the dial around and it was quiet overall, compared to the last four years. No surprise there.

sprite1741

It was mayhem yesterday. I started the thread because I thought I would be begging. People were calling on top of each other as it was so crowded on ssb around 28.4. Some of the Caribbean and SA dx were giving qso numbers in the hundreds. I am on 10 again today, but so far zilch.

AC2OY

Wow I must have bad conditions. I didn't hear anything but noise on 10. However I did make contacts on 20,40,and 80. Perhaps I was on at the wrong times for 10.

bharvey2

Wow I must have bad conditions. I didn't hear anything but noise on 10. However I did make contacts on 20,40,and 80. Perhaps I was on at the wrong times for 10.

I had the same experience during the late afternoon on the west coast (California) On 10m, I usually stay within the tech/phone portion of the band to increase my chances. However I span the whole band Saturday afternoon. I did run across the tail end of one CW transmission but that was all I heard.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I worked 47 stations on SSB only. Only 7 DX countries but did get the Canary Islands. Saturday was OK and so was Sunday morning but Sunday afternoon was DEAD.

I posted some more detailed results on the 10m contest thread on QRZ.com if anyone is interested.

73 de KM4SII / IcomIcR20

sprite1741

Saturday was the day. I got nowhere on Sunday. Did submit a log though, and heard two other stations in my town Saturday morning. Lots of SA dx. Brazil was well represented.

AC2OY

Well I'm glad you guys did good. Last two days I spent some time in the shack and I worked Norway and Kansas and a few others. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.