10 Meter FM Simplex Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Today I was listening on 10 Meter Simplex Frequency of 29.60 FM Mode. There was a band opening in my area today so I was heraing signals all over. I was able to catch sometype of EchoLink or IRLP Node say connected and then a father and son started a long conservation on 29.60 FM. The National Ten Meter Calling Frequency. I was unable to get the calls. This is a bad frequency to put a Echolink or IRLP Node Frequency.

I also was listening to 29.62 The New York Repeater KQ2H during the band opening. This repeater covers a large section of the US when the band opens up. There was a Japanese Station calling CQ right on top of 29.62 FM. The American Stations were going back to him. The American Stations were saying that they was getting some type of QRM and some type of beeps on the frequency. They were making the New York Repeater ping pong back and forth and were making the repeater usless. I am sure they were thrilled to make a simplex FM Contact to Japan. This is bad operating. Get a Band Plan Chart.

mancow

Database Admin
Welcome to 10 meter FM. There was some sort of odd slow speed data on 29.6 all evening that locked the freq down from my location. It's just the nature of it.

LtDoc

I think part of the 'problem' is that the recommended 'band plan' is simply that, a recommendation, not a rule. You provided one 'key' to the 'problem' when you called 29.600 Mhz the -National- calling frequency. It certainly isn't always recognized as such internationally (or nationally for that matter). That's one of the aspects of people not 'owning' a frequency. It's also part of that rule about not interfering that has two 'sides' to it.
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.