10 meters is cranking right mow

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Southern Ohio here. I'm getting several hams from 2 Land (New York/New Jersey) blasting in here on 29.60 with a back of set antenna.

Hope it's cooking where you are, too.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
What radio are you using for scanning these days Rick ???

Scanners? I have three. Uniden Bearcat 210XLT, Plectron SM-311, and Regency C403. The Plectron and Regency are rock bound and, despite the fact they work very well and seem to have better sensitivity and audio than the programmable Uniden, they're quickly becoming a desktop paperweight due to Ohio MARCS and the DMR/Mototrbo systems. I have a MARCS P25 trunking portable from my full time job that I listen to the statewide digital behemoth. I was going to buy a Motorola mobile programmed for receive only for our new Mototrbo county fire and EMS radio system, but that's now migrating to 700/800 MHz trunking I'm told. I have a low band Plectron monitor receiver I might set up for 52.525 MHz. Options are dwindling for an old analog and low band aficionado like myself. Hope you are doing well, Earl!

tazz

Rick,

Thanks for the update. I have been receiving skip on 10 meters daily on 29.600, 29.640, and 29.680 MHz. Trying to get some stuff on 6 metters but no luck so far. My primary receivers are a Uniden BCD536HP and a Uniden BCD996P2. I also have a couple of ICOM and AOR commuincations receivers I use sometimes to monitor skip. My location is just over the hill from you towards Lake Alma.

I do agree that monitor analog frequencies here "locally" is getting little to none but you can find some good stuff to listen to once in a while. I am able to monitor the Ohio MARCS P-25 system and the county Mototrbo DMR system but mostly monitor civil and military aircraft about 95% of the time. There is also AM DXing, FM DXing, and shortwave radio that keeps be busy while working in the shack.

Earl KE8EKV

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I heard 29.6 crackle in on my scanner while mobile using just a Larsen 150/450/800 antenna. I got home and FT8 was no problem from California to the east coast and some of Canada. Brazil was in there as well around 1500-1600 UTC on 6/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.