1040 digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
I have used PSRedit500 and used radio reference to program the talk groups for my area. However i NEVER hear digital transmissions. I have been sweeping 7,8,9 for the last hour and haven't heard a peep. Am I doing something wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have used PSRedit500 and used radio reference to program the talk groups for my area. However i NEVER hear digital transmissions. I have been sweeping 7,8,9 for the last hour and haven't heard a peep. Am I doing something wrong?

You'll need to provide a whole lot more information to get any meaningful answers....

What are you referring to as 7,8,9? Are those your scan lists? If so, what exactly is in those scan lists?

Where are you located? State, County and City? What exact agencies are you trying to monitor?

Can you post a link to those agencies in the RR database so we can know exactly what you are having difficulties with?

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
when i sweep i am sweeping 7,8,9 lists 800-1300
im in wv, mason co, apple grove, trying to monitor mason co so, and ems to start on the digital side
however when i used rr to upload the frequencies into the radio it put in talk groups not the frequencies on this page
i dont know the difference there may not be one im not sure

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
so i had the same talk groups but where did you get the these frequencies, i had way more frequencies in mine as you can see by the second pic

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 39

tvengr

Well Known Member
so i had the same talk groups but where did you get the these frequencies, i had way more frequencies in mine as you can see by the second pic
You need only the control channel (red) and alternate (blue) frequencies for the Point Pleasant North and South sites in Mason County. All of the frequency information is carried on the control channel. West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you change the Multi Site Mode from Roam to Stationary, you will scan both sites. As set up now, the scanner will scan only the site with the best signal. You may get better coverage of the county with both sites enabled.

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
the first set are my main ones the second 2 pages are my "if i travel to another neighboring county" which i havent

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    491.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    493.5 KB · Views: 10

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
1 and 2 are turned on 3 is just for play im not streaming them, 2 is the conventional side and it works fine.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try backing off on the squelch. Does the trunked system show a signal? Do you see a T on the screen? On the TSYS Object Editor, try checking the box for NFM. Did you try changing the Multi Site Mode to Stationary? You will need to send the file to the scanner again after making changes.

Last edited:

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
Try backing off on the squelch. Does the trunked system show a signal? Do you see a T on the screen? On the TSYS Object Editor, try checking the box for NFM. Did you try changing the Multi Site Mode to Stationary? You will need to send the file to the scanner again after making changes.
This is what i see on the screen i see no T but i think i read this as this is only on when receiving a transmission, yes i changed to stationary i tried changing to NFM. We will see what it does i see no signal at all on the Trunked system.

Attachments

• PXL_20200812_210340809.png
    PXL_20200812_210340809.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
I now see the T you were taking about it seems I am having an issue picking up signal inside. Can anyone suggest a decently priced antenna?

Attachments

• PXL_20200813_223018663.png
    PXL_20200813_223018663.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.