1040 Newbie..Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

1205talexander

Premium Subscriber
I have recently been gifted a Whistler 1040. Attempting to program via PSR500 but apparently my computer is being a jerk and not wanting to recognize the scanner. I have made sure all drivers are up to date, changed port numbers to reflect what is need in the software, and anything else I could think to do but still nothing. I run the Serial Port Settings test and get message "Port exists, no scanner". Anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice on how to get computer running Windows 8.1 to recognize my scanner? Thank you to everyone in advance.

1205talexander

Premium Subscriber
I have recently been gifted a Whistler 1040. Attempting to program via PSR500 but apparently my computer is being a jerk and not wanting to recognize the scanner. I have made sure all drivers are up to date, changed port numbers to reflect what is need in the software, and anything else I could think to do but still nothing. I run the Serial Port Settings test and get message "Port exists, no scanner". Anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice on how to get computer running Windows 8.1 to recognize my scanner? Thank you to everyone in advance.
**update..I upgraded computer to windows 10 and still having same issue. run scan and port exists but no scanner is what I get in PSR500**

Swipesy

If you are using PSRedit5oo software did you click on Configuration at the top of the software screen then Proxy Configuration>Data Options and select 1040 as your scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.