1065 2 issues need help with

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2WVO

hello i have a 1065..
i would like to add a 2nd p25 system .. i have albany ny ... i like to add renns county fire ... ive tried to understand ARC500 1.18 build1. yes ITS PAID FOR ... but grrrrrr iam to stupid or the software is in need of a ton of work for us dummies... when i try and add it cleans out what i have already..
download list already in scanner.. try to add 2nd county p25. cleans out orig country from download from scanner... so iam not able to add 2nd country .. short from payin again on here and building a new list.. got to be away to add a 2nd system easy

2nd issue.. finding the firmware number .. and what the newest firmware from whistler does.. as there page is laking big time in any info on it.. sad really for the price we pay for these things.. sad it isnt simpler ..

anyways... idea help thoughts tips tricks ... ty

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't use GRE/RS/Whistler stuff, but I believe the firmware doesn't allow you to make piecemeal changes - it's all or nothing. I *think* what you need to do is to download the one system you have, build the 2nd one and upload the whole thing. Someone with more familiarity with these scanners can and should correct me

We have a user guide for ARC500 in our wiki, viz.

Mike

KB2WVO

updated..... i found how to see the firmware.. it is as follows..
boot f1.5
appl f2.9
cpu sw upgrade
this info is what shows on screen....

KA3JJZ.... thats the issue ARC500 doesnt let me add to it... even if i try and start over with new empty page.. if i add 1 county . i goto add 2nd from a GR5 file. it rewrite the whole page to 2nd county i add... to understand arc manual will iam oooo wish for the old days lol.. hahhaha..
all the GR5 files were downloaded off here to arc and saved.. each county.. figured hahhaa easy enough to add remove as needed.. NOT hhahahhaha..

i went to the wiki pages. doesnt help.. its more or less one talkgroup at a time.. manual.. or download from here... that wont happen as cant afford it rite now.. but ty for the link
ty tho ill keep looking ...

I don't use GRE/RS/Whistler stuff, but I believe the firmware doesn't allow you to make piecemeal changes - it's all or nothing. I *think* what you need to do is to download the one system you have, build the 2nd one and upload the whole thing. Someone with more familiarity with these scanners can and should correct me

Mike

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

You are absolutely correct. KB2WVO, you need to download what's in your scanner first, then add the new system, then upload to your scanner.

To check the firmware version, press and hold the "3" key while you turn the scanner on.

If you are still having trouble programming the second system, PM me. I have ARC500 (and a WS1065).

KB2WVO

You are absolutely correct. KB2WVO, you need to download what's in your scanner first, then add the new system, then upload to your scanner.

To check the firmware version, press and hold the "3" key while you turn the scanner on.

If you are still having trouble programming the second system, PM me. I have ARC500 (and a WS1065).

i thank you for offer.. but if able like to put info here. for future users who might need info.. or runs into same issues..
like i siad if i add 2nd system it cleans out 1st system.. something tells me ill have to do something with excel build it there then import it into arc... unless someone has other software that works better then arc... iam glad i got it with scanner ... as i would be tellin arc i want my money back lol

for future programmers of scanner software.... not all of us are programmers... please keep this in mind.. build it for will this dummie lol ...

KB2WVO

Mike
i have a uniden..... truth i cant stand it.... its a bct8 and its a nitemare to use. if i touch one button it goes into a b1 scan and i dont even know what b1 is .. unless its bank 1. bank 1 is a old edac trunk system. bank 2 is one normal freq in the 450mhz range. and i lose the 2nd bank even tho shows on in list on top lol ..

Status
Not open for further replies.