107 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dintdinger

i have two problems with my 107
1. if i try to turn off a channel(1-20)(or bank if you prefer) i immediatly get an error messege says heap error 217b21:2182 then it locks up on the message and i have to turn it off and back on. it will have enabled or turned off the channel and resume scanning normally.
2. my reception at my shop is almost perfect, but when i move 5.5 miles away to my house i get gurgled transmission on trunking systems like the p25 motorolla, but conventional do just fine. the indicator shows one less bar at the house. antenna or settings? and what type of antenna is best i have a multiband.

fireant

As far as a antenna if you are listening to a 800 mhz trunk system. I would highly recommend the radio shack 800 mhz antenna. I also have heard lots of good things about the Watson antenna through Scanner Master. Hope this helps you out some.

fireant

dintdinger

thank you for responding... i have a 800mhz about 6 inch rubber antenna, but it does the same thing as the multi band. is this what your reffering to or another?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
i have two problems with my 107

2. my reception at my shop is almost perfect, but when i move 5.5 miles away to my house i get gurgled transmission on trunking systems like the p25 motorolla, but conventional do just fine. the indicator shows one less bar at the house. antenna or settings? and what type of antenna is best i have a multiband.

This could be encrypted voice. All you can do is lock out the talkgroup if this is the case. I've been using a RadioShack 800MHz antenna for most of my hand held scanners with good luck on the VHf and UHf bands as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.