1095 still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

Sitting in my town, logan ohio in hocking county. My RS pro 668 is picking up stuff, my ws1095 is not... did updates, still nothing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Did you use Easy Scan to add in the towns you want to monitor or did you just enter your zipcode?If you entered your zipcode,make sure the scanlists that say the names of the services you want to specifically listen to are check off and this indicates they are on.Try turning location on if you are using zipcode and off if you are not.

Do it by county and choose HOCKING COUNTY
ref:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2076

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I threw my Whistler 1095 right out the window into the trash can. it was nothing but junk! I will NEVER NEVER use zip code scanners again!!!! You have to use their software also at an extra charge as well!!!. Nope Whistler lost a good customer over this... I will stay with Uniden BCD996P2 unit. Very happy with it and i have my choice of software i get to use for it as well...

cpetraglia

I found EZscan fairly to use. I deleted the entire library and imported via RR only the systems I am interested in. Never had to pay for my software. I have had mine for a few years now with no trouble at all. If it's still in the trash can, I'll be by later to grab it !!

wbswetnam

I threw my Whistler 1095 right out the window into the trash can. it was nothing but junk! I will NEVER NEVER use zip code scanners again!!!! You have to use their software also at an extra charge as well!!!. Nope Whistler lost a good customer over this... I will stay with Uniden BCD996P2 unit. Very happy with it and i have my choice of software i get to use for it as well...

I came close to doing this with my Uniden BCT15X, but once I figured it out, I liked it.

Never use the zip code option! Always set up scan lists through the EZ Scan software. I have a Whistler WS1095 in my car as a mobile scanner, I love it!

BTW where is your trash can, so I can retrieve your WS1095???

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I used the zip code function on my Pro-668 (whistler 1080) and it worked ok, took a better antenna, firmware updates and tweaking to get it where it works good.

If you don't have the knowledge or the time and patience to get the scanner dialed in for your area then it can be a frustrating experience and will not be for you.

Seeing how most scanners made have gone this direction you will be hard pressed finding a new scanner that isn't.

I find the ezscan software is very easy to use. But then yet everyone and their brother brings their technology to me to figure out.

DJ11DLN

Wow. If an old fart like me can figure E-Z Scan out, one would think that just about anyone could. Compared to dealing with Windows 10, I find it pretty straightforward...

firecatohio

Seeing I've watched videos and all that stuff to figure out this radio. It still doesn't work.. do much like someone said, it's going on the trash can

firecatohio

I don't think my software is even good.. can't even pick what I want in a scan list like I'm looking at on help pages and videos...

firecatohio

7dc269648e16b9b37f6f92906a2a31ce.jpg

Got everything set up and stuff, I think... BUT! This is a p25 trunked system TG... where's the T?

SCPD

QRT
My 1095 will likely have the same fate. I should just sit it beside my car .. and hope someone takes it.

I am going to use a commercial radio .. done with the scanner **** that does not work. So I totally understand the frustration in this thread.

In my case .. not a programming issue but rather a total front end overload issue. Even with multiple attempts to fix the issue .. it still has huge issues.

So my 1095 will be pulled from my car and used at home. It will be like it is retired cause it obviously cannot handle doing what would be normal scanner duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.