1098 or trx2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
OK I know it depends on what you listen to but which radio is better and does the trx2 have problems
Thanks

lakeside121

Premium Subscriber
trx-2 is nice.... i have low inter mod problems the audio on DMR and NXDN are amazing only CON is the programming software called ezscan has some bugs missing features that butel and others have but all n all i rate this scanner 8-10 only 8 because of software and remote not being as great as it should and having the RR database in the scanner and being able to update it is nice

DJ11DLN

It depends. I have the 1098 and it is a good radio, works well with the systems and modes used hereabouts. It doesn't decode NXDN and it has the older type of front end inherited from the GRE scanners that predated it.

The TRX-2 has an improved front end and in addition to P25 p.1/p.2 and DMR it also decodes NXDN. If you aren't interested in the latter, and you don't live in a heavy RF area, you will be fine with the 1098. Otherwise just go ahead and get the TRX-2.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 is the future. It has only been out for a year. If you want NXDN then it is the only choice of the 2.

milcom_chaser

It depends. I have the 1098 and it is a good radio, works well with the systems and modes used hereabouts. It doesn't decode NXDN and it has the older type of front end inherited from the GRE scanners that predated it.

The TRX-2 has an improved front end and in addition to P25 p.1/p.2 and DMR it also decodes NXDN. If you aren't interested in the latter, and you don't live in a heavy RF area, you will be fine with the 1098. Otherwise just go ahead and get the TRX-2.

Also noted was an improved sensitivity with the front end component changes.

BrianG61UK

TRX-2 is the future. It has only been out for a year. If you want NXDN then it is the only choice of the 2.

I wish people wouldn't keep saying that.

Both are still getting regular firmware updates.

Just list the differences.

There is no evidence that any extra modes are ever going to be added to the TRX-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.