10m activity this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Lots of life on 10m this afternoon 0230 UTC - I started off listening to Oz guys but noticed that some seemed to be calling DX and getting replies from So Cal - what - no Kiwis - I'll make a call on the 2m repeater to see if there's any life out there..... :)

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
Made 4-5 contacts into Brazil on 10m SSB phone a few days ago, 100W and wire from UK. And a nice one into
Argentina as a bonus> Argentina marginal QSO no incoming signal on the 7300, voice only.

Also been getting into the Western states of the USA (Montana, Nebraska, California) and Chile on 15m SSB phone over the last week. Really enjoyable. I always get very excited with the Western states, much more difficult that the Eastern states and the propagation does not
always drift westerly on any given day, so you have keep the pressure of the CQ DX calls up to see.

I find if the mid states are coming through, Iowa etc. There is a decent chance. Love it, it really lets you know of your antenna system is up to scratch working these low to no signal paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.