10m Sun 12/02/2023 West USA time 07:30 onwards !!!!!!

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
I am going to be on air portable from the UK from UK time (I am a G5 call portable !) 13:30 UTC 100W with a DIY 1/2 wave EFHW mono band cut vertical for 10m fed at 13 meters above ground on a hill (18m fibre glass pole). I did a morning session yesterday on 10m and made 3 good contacts to Japan, China and also a new one into S.Korea (first contact there and made a 5/7 to him, 5/5 to me) SFI is 208 at the moment.

I am hoping to get some contacts over to the tricky USA West coast !! I saw some 6's and 7's coming in when I got home.
Although of course all DX USA stations welcome !!:cool:

10m should be pretty decent today, though you can never really tell. West coast USA is about 8 hours behind the UK. I think prime time is about UK time 3-4pm so for West coast that will be about 07:30AM

It was pretty busy yesterday on 10m and I will most likely go slightly lower than the main bulk of the traffic... say 28.350 - 400 MHz so peel your ears back !!!

We can only try !

Here is your beam headings to/from the UK, though I bet you know that anyway !! And I made
a 100W wire to wire contact to S. Texas 2 weeks back so it can be done I am sure. I will get my
kit together now... batteries charged and ready.

Just to confirm I am on though I had trouble with half wave...so running a sirio gain master fed at 10.7m

Well many contacts made 3 USA kentucky dom Republic and Brazil hopefull it swings west I am on 28.420 right now

Calling 28.375 now

Attachments

• Accurate path.jpg
    Accurate path.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 7

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
Ok thx for listening still calling 375 for now for five mins more and will have a spin about plenty of USA in the band

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
I have massive local qrm from adjacent so I will move Freq now cheers

Had an n2 pop up but he never replied I think the qrm from adj Freq is too much here

Stringer from Carribbean at the moment I haer New York low down if I start calling again I will pop a Freq on here

Virginia coming in at s2

most USA S1 to s2 Texas heard at S1 here just having a listen

I am putting long calls out now for fifteen mins on 28.650

It might pick up....fingers crossed...not the strongest if signals but that can soon change as we know...I will keep calling 28.650 untill I reply again

K7cqx Arizona qso made 650 also Kentucky third cintact

Off for a listen now if calling again will let know freq

Kb7ouu Utah Eliot nice contact signals 5/5 both ways

Signals going upwards

Made contact to San Diego

Calling 28.640 now

Had nice qso with a kd9 from the forum 👍

Now Canada va3

Stopped calling 28.640 now

Calling 28.640 again

Calling 28.500 last calls for ten mins

Qrt now a decent afternoon