11-11 Shots Fired Soboba Res Deps Pinned Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Station51

11-11 Hemet, San Jacinto, Southwest, Perris, Moreno Valley and Cabazon responding to officer needs help call at Soboba Indian Reservation. Deputies reporting that they are pinned down by automatic weapon fire.
City of Hemet enroute with armored vehicle.

I have personally seen at least 40 or more units rolling code into the res and can hear more coming.

Station51

More Shots Fired

Deputies reporting being fired upon from two directions.

Note: First time I have ever heard RSO patched thru Hemet City PD dispatch.

Station51

Further

Now that things are a little slower,

About an hour ago two units were dispatched to investigate report of shots fired on reservation which is pretty much a daily occurrence. Shortly after they went 97 all hell broke loose.

3rd party traffic is reporting that RSO is looking into requesting National Guard assistance?
The 3rd party would be a local security company.

Reports of vehicles "blacked out" driving around on the res (not PD vehs)

Station51

Confrontations breaking out here and there because the indians don't like the sheriffs on their land; unrelated physical arrests

helicopter finally enroute

SCPD

QRT
Any updates? I awoke at 2am and just now hit RR and saw this. I am usually listening! Just heard Helo was cleared to land at the CP.

Station51

search

RSO beginning to clear the reservation (search) with armored vehicles and helicopter. Operations moved to TAC 17 since indians are known to have scanners and dont want to compromise deps safety.

Station51

Time for a nap

:) After a sleepless night it's time for a nap!

"TAC 17" came up in my scanner as CLEMARS, so I'm not sure what the point was in moving communications there.

Thanks to BRANDON for the link to the Press Release!!

af5rn

Minus 5 to Station51 for using codes and abbreviations that many of us will not understand. ;)

My wife works in Hemet. I'll be back in Riverside County (Murrieta) in two weeks. Too bad the Indians couldn't wait.

rananthony04

I had to conduct some work related business at Kaiser Fontana last night, out of curiosity I loaded the Riverside V scanner and no sooner than the reboot completes, I heard the deputies reporting they were being shot at with an automatic weapon and and unknown caliber weapon. This event sounded like it was taken from a movie, I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I managed to cell-phone air record some audio that took place, I apologize for the quality, I tried my best to clean it up. I NEVER moniter the IE, is it like that often?;)

ps, one more thing somewhat off topic, that I also was able to hear, the gang banger who stole an officer's unit during a foot pursuit, not sure of the agency, but I know I heard the officer saying that the suspect was in his cruiser, headed s/b euclid to the 60 west

Attachments

• 11-11.zip
    134.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Station51

Saturday in Response

As for using "codes that few people understand"; your point is well taken. I tend to ASSUME that if you participate in this forum that you "speak the language" which as you pointed out is not always the case. I've been monitoring public safety radio since the 60's, back when LAPD could be heard on 1700 on your car AM radio. Imagine!! Sometimes I forget that there are new people out there.

As for"is it like this all the time", in the inland empire, not really however the Soboba Reservation is a continual problem. At lest every two weeks there is some incident that involves gunfire, a pursuit or both.

Lt51506

Geez, I remember when Cabazon was like that back in the late 70's. They'd set the res on fire, call us, then meet us at the gates with guns drawn and refuse to let us put it out! I guess it never ends.

rananthony04

Station51 said:
As for"is it like this all the time", in the inland empire, not really however the Soboba Reservation is a continual problem. At lest every two weeks there is some incident that involves gunfire, a pursuit or both.

I work in Orange County all night, I assumed that I was unable to monitor the I.E, therefore I would never load it from the V-folder, that night of the shooting was the first time I have ever monitored the IE, that EDACS system they were on really came in clear too.

Last edited:

Station51

What????

"I wouldn't call it animosity, but I think there's been distance," he said. "It just seems like every time they come out ... they bring like an army out here."

Are they F**** kidding me here? Duh, it's more like they should just establish an Army post there. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, well you figure it out.

You're driving around in your black and white patrol vehicle and someone starts shooting at you and then the "tribal" whatever is critcal of you defending yourself!

The entire article:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanjacinto/stories/PE_News_Local_D_sobobafolo10.3f00113.html

Status
Not open for further replies.