11-99 Riverside County Sheriff Temecula

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPUTY OUT OF THE TEMECULA STATION JUST HAD AN 11-99 (OFFICER NEEDS HELP NOW!). SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED. CHP HAD 8 UNITS ROLLING CODE TO THE SCENE. CURRENTLY IN A STANDOFF WITH ARMED SUSPECT ON I15 NEAR TEMECULA CHECKPOINT W/NORTH AND SOUTHBOUND LANES SHUT DOWN. INFO AS OF 2:57AM 12/12/09

(Please dont comment about me using "caps lock", I am aware of it and purposely used it.)

conve36

EMT-Pat

capital letters

Capital letters are shouting if it is being directed at somebody. He was the person who started the thread and therefore could not have been "shouting" at anybody. Anyhow this is probably not worth continuing...

emt_531

And they wonder why people dont post things here.....11-99 calls are very few and far and very scary. Why bash on this guy because he made a post and he put it in CAPS? Nor do I think it fair for some other person to bash this guy because he posted something in CAPS. What has this place become when the moderators become nazis over some excited listener that reports an incident. Excuse me if I am wrong, but if you dont want breaking incidents then get rid of the thread in general. Just a thought...

emt_531

PS. Look at any police report, they all type in CAPS, well most of them do. So in them typing in capital letters, they are technically SCREAMING at the DA's Office and the judge that reads the report.....que/no?

JoeyC

The idea that typing in all caps in forums is considered SHOUTING did not originate on radioreference or this forum or this thread. It is simple internet message board/chat etiquette. If that bothers you, maybe you should take it up with Al Gore, the one who invented this here internet.

Sounds like this thread is in the trash.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

Sounds like this thread is in the trash.
Agreed.

conve36: If you were witnessing this, why did you take the time to type on this board? If on the other hand you were just hearing this, please follow the policies of the board, which include not arguing with a moderator.

EMT-Pat: As long as you are a member, please don't take on the mantle of a moderator or a forum policeman.

As the incident long ago, it is not current and there is no reason to leave this thread open for further arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.