11 meter (CB) channels on Pro-163?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETMegabyte

In looking through the specs on my Pro-163, it seems to cover the CB band (26.965 through 27.405), and the available modes include AM, so for grins I tried to program the CB Frequencies into the scanner...

Arc-300, which I use to program it, doesn't allow the last 5. If I put in 26.965, for instance, it automatically changes it to 26.960... Same as every other CB Frequency... Is this a limitation of the ARC-300 software, or is the software reflecting what the scanner is capable of? I've never tried to program this scanner from the face, always through the software...

Has anyone successfully programmed the proper CB Frequencies into this scanner?

ETMegabyte

Update - It's an ARC-300 problem...

So, I feel a bit dumb now...

It's not a scanner problem. I looked up how to program the scanner directly, and it programs just fine.

So I programmed all the frequencies into the scanner, then tried to download it to ARC-300, and all the frequencies downloaded except CB Channel 1. Apparently it's just 26.965 it has a problem with...

I confirmed this when I cleared out ARC-300 and tried to program the CB Frequencies in. Again, Channel 1 (26.965) wouldn't go into ARC300, but the rest of the channels did just fine.

I guess when I tried, and Channel 1 didn't work, I gave up.

I've e-mailed Butel about it. For now, I'll just have to remember to manually fix CB Channel 1 on the scanner every time I upload from the computer. Fortunately, I don't do this too often...

Status
Not open for further replies.