• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

11 Meters open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Just took a peek. All the channels are booming in here right now. Most of the US.. Texas, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia...

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Just worked most of the lower states from TX to
FL right up the east coast on 38 LSB with a barefoot
President HR2510 running 4 watts and switched to my dipole.
Amazing

TheSpaceMann

Just worked most of the lower states from TX to
FL right up the east coast on 38 LSB with a barefoot
President HR2510 running 4 watts and switched to my dipole.
Amazing
Great! I think a 2510 puts out around 25 watts on SSB barefoot.

swen_out_west

Short skip has been incredible all week. It's 1:30 am PST and it's still open. I have got to get my Quad up. Watch, the day I get it up, it will go back to normal. But then again I wanted to talk to my friends I've made in Florida and the deep south, but have been making a ton of new contacts.

Last edited:

TheSpaceMann

Short skip has been incredible all week. It's 1:30 am PST and it's still open. I have got to get my Quad up. Watch, the day I get it up, it will go back to normal. But then again I wanted to talk to my friends I've made in Florida and the deep south, but have been making a ton of new contacts.
Get it up! The band has been opening up quite a bit lately, and you just never know when it is going to come alive!! ;)

swen_out_west

My IMax is doing great, and has served me well, but with the skip so active it's hard trying to get in when there are 10 to 12 conversations coming from all directions, lol. Thus, the reason I want a directional.

Just waiting on 2 connectors I need. Now that it's so hot in the desert, gonna wait for the full moon and work on it then.

TheSpaceMann

My IMax is doing great, and has served me well, but with the skip so active it's hard trying to get in when there are 10 to 12 conversations coming from all directions, lol. Thus, the reason I want a directional.

Just waiting on 2 connectors I need. Now that it's so hot in the desert, gonna wait for the full moon and work on it then.
That's what I did when I lived near Phoenix! I put up antennas with flood lights at 3 AM !! :)

DJ11DLN

Not quite 11M but I had a Dallas-Fort Worth 10M repeater coming in full quieting last night. The scanner is connected to an RH77ca so it had to be pretty strong here to be heard on that non-resonant antenna! Frequency is the output of a semi-local 10M repeater, I hear nothing from it, not even identifiers, but this DFW one will come in once in awhile.

TheSpaceMann

Not quite 11M but I had a Dallas-Fort Worth 10M repeater coming in full quieting last night. The scanner is connected to an RH77ca so it had to be pretty strong here to be heard on that non-resonant antenna! Frequency is the output of a semi-local 10M repeater, I hear nothing from it, not even identifiers, but this DFW one will come in once in awhile.
Yep! Often 10 meters is open at the same time as 11 meters! :)

swen_out_west

Yep! Often 10 meters is open at the same time as 11 meters! :)

Pretty much.

But what I am referring to how with all good things must end, there were days last week that the North South was open until 2 am. One day I think it was 22 hours total.

Today was good don't get me wrong. it was back and forth all day with maybe 5 minutes between N-S, E-W shift but alas it has totally shut down at 9.

Did have a chance to talk to my old contacts on the east coast today. Plus, I made a lot of new friends in Colorado today. But with it being a day off, good lord it was hard to get in.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Drove from California to Texas over the last few days. On a whim, I put a CB in my truck for the trip. First time I've had a CB since the late 1990's.

Heard a lot of stuff from all over the map.
Great for you guys working skip.

On the other hand, some knucklehead was running on channel 19. Was trying to listen to the local trucker traffic (not much), and kept having to listen to him. Even with the gain turned down and squelched, he was making it through.

Still, and interesting experience. I'm certainly not going to try to get back into CB, but useful on long road trips, even if I only heard a few bits of useful traffic.

TheSpaceMann

Drove from California to Texas over the last few days. On a whim, I put a CB in my truck for the trip. First time I've had a CB since the late 1990's.

Heard a lot of stuff from all over the map.
Great for you guys working skip.

On the other hand, some knucklehead was running on channel 19. Was trying to listen to the local trucker traffic (not much), and kept having to listen to him. Even with the gain turned down and squelched, he was making it through.

Still, and interesting experience. I'm certainly not going to try to get back into CB, but useful on long road trips, even if I only heard a few bits of useful traffic.
Yep! For some reason, CB activity seems to be picking up again. I've also noticed a lot more conversations on all the Facebook groups that are related to CB radio as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.