Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Trenton Military at 0058 Aviation WX have not copied on this freq. before
maybe I just missed it?? off at 0100 73,s Marcy

majoco

Stirrer
I think their scheduled times are xx20 and xx50 minutes past the hour. I often get Trenton on 6754kHz on the grey line but I'll have a listen on 11034kHz tonight.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Martin , I checked all over and see nil for Trenton on that freq. and if I may mention
"Saint" checked also and Nil...probably new freq. or they are off like NOAA is alot
good to hear from you! 73,s Marcy

majoco

Stirrer
I listened on 15034 for Trenton just now but nothing - GHFCS is booming in on 15016 tho! - does Hickham AFB have a GHFCS station? I guess a better bet would be Guam.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just double checked my lists and I did hear Trenton Military a couple of months ago on this frequency 15034 KHZ it was real strong aircraft signal ,15000 khz WWV Time signal is coming in real strong now 9:59 UTC
Steve/saint

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
It was on today "Gander radio" at 2045... 15034 ,The automated voice sounds the same?
Gander, Trenton Mil./.. (are they connected?? same thing same info sounds like?)
Marcy

majoco

Stirrer
Trenton is about S7 at about 0500z/1700local - the grey line is going through my QTH and comes ashore about Vancouver with the same voice as Gander on 10051kHz - I think they are both the same content and are transmitting 24/7.........

Got it....

Here's the schedule for Gander and I suspect Trenton is exactly the same simultaneous audio .....but this only seems to cover East and Mid Canada - I'll have a hunt for a West, Vancouver perhaps.

Attachments

• Gander Volme.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 11

majoco

Stirrer
Interesting.....all Volmet worlwide..... https://dxinfocentre.com/volmet.htm. I see that the western side of Canada is covered from Hawaii. The programming for Gander is aligned with New York so they are not using simultaneous voice - makes sense really when you consider how many aircraft there may be out in the Atlantic compared to inland of the US. I guess all the info comes from a meteorological centre somewhere in the US and someone is just typing the info into a 'text to voice' machine and then sent by addressed 'voicemail' to each transmitter - no need to have a typist at each site just to put in a few words every hour.

Last edited:

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Since copying it that one night have not heard agn on 11034
maybe they were testing a new freq> or something?...odd...73,s Marcy

majoco

Stirrer
I haven't heard anything on 11034kHz and it's not listed anywhere I can find. It seems very coincidental that their 'real' frequency is 15034kHz - one digit out - could it just be finger trouble. Did you listen on 15034 when you were hearing 11034 - perhaps they have two transmitters and they swap them over on a weekly basis. Common practice, one transmitting and one on hot standby - carry out a maintenance check on the standby on a different frequency and forget to put it back to the right frequency - end of the week, change over to the other transmitter and ...oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.