11175 Jamming or stuck modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONYNYPD

Anyone else catch this last night around 2000Z? Triple one had a strange buzz being transmitted for about 30 minutes. Then was off. Then around 2020Z heard Mainsail try and make a call and it came back again for another 30 minutes. Over here in Florida it was stronger as reported by several listeners. At my location near Tampa it was very strong s9+10.

Been quiet so far today.
Anyone else hear it and can give a Strenght report from your QTH? West Coast listeners have reported it weak or up to s5.

Someone else thinks it's a Stuck open modem. But I don't know since it came back on as soon as mainsail tried to transmit at 2020Z.

Here's a recording of it from my QTH

11175 KHZ USAF Global Jamming on Main freq - YouTube

My youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/tonynyc46/videos

Tony- Tampa Florida

TONYNYPD

So Token, I've heard these modems before. Usually when i hear them they are in bursts. I've never heard them wide open like that covering Mainsail like that. Was it a stuck open modem, like a open mike type thing?

Later on after it went off it was quiet for awhile. A weak station was trying to raise Mainsail for several minutes. As soon as Mainsail came on the air it started again and didnt stop till Mainsail gave up.

I know there is no way to know for sure. Just what do you think.

Tony

Token

I have seen these modems run for many minutes to hours at a time. I do not think this operation was unusual except for one thing, the frequency. I suspect there was an operator error made, and they were left on this frequency by mistake. Of course, that is just a guess.

Also, while I have no idea where it was located it was quite strong here in the Mojave Desert, running S9 or a tad over quite a bit.

T!

autovon

Ø
Certain white airplanes are notorious for having stuck mics/transmitters on key frequencies.

TONYNYPD

Yes on all accounts above. Something to watch. If it occurs more in the coming weeks then I'd lean towards a jammer. Any Dopey jammer that had success like that will surely try it again. It was super strong over here in Tampa as well s9+10 at times. I don't know if Mcdill has any Tacamo Planes.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.